Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 16 - Rack Addicts

Old 10-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to my son on the nice big doe. I would know first hand as I helped him drag her out. When he shot her I heard him shoot his bow and she came running down by my stand and died probably 10 yards from my stand. I will add some pics later.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we are giving our clothes a good washing. Then, we are going to take the meat out to be processed. After that we will pick up the meat from the first little one I shot. Finally, when we get back home I may hit the stand this evening. Tomorrow morning we will both go back out. Happy hunting and good luck to all.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning and only seen 2 before it got light. one doe walked right up past my stand. The other deer was a buck but I'm not sure how big he was. I had a decoy set up and he was side stepping and walking with that look like he wanted to fight. The moon was shining pretty good but I just couldn't make out his rack. He got to about one foot of the decoys head then he whirled around and ran back about 15 yards or so. He milled around the area a few minutes then left. That was it for the morning. I will be going back out Friday morning. Happy hunting and good luck to all.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking forward to Friday's morning hunt. It should be one of the coldest morning's we have had so far. I will let you all know how it went.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 5 point come in this morning but I let him walk. I did see a couple other little ones behind me. My son seen those little ones to from his stand. Our next time out will be Saturday morning. Going to our honey hole for the first time this year. Hopefully it will produce a couple nice bucks.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted till about 9:30a today. Decided to climb down after the farmer started working the fields near my stand. Saw 6 deer all morning one was a little 5pt. No deer within bow range though.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a pretty good morning in the stand. I seen 7 deer in total. I know for sure 3 of them were bucks. One buck I rattled in. He was a small 6 point. He must have strutted around my stand for 20 minutes before he finally decided to walk off. I seen 3 does and the other deer I seen I'm not sure what it was. It looked like it had a big body but I never did see it's head. The other two bucks I seen were up in the apple orchard behind me. One was a 1 1/2 year old. The other one looked pretty nice but I couldn't tell for sure how big his rack was or how old he was. I'll be going back out to that spot Monday morning. Tomorrow morning I will be hitting the spot I've been hunting most this fall. Good luck and happy hunting to all.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and I heard alot of movement before it got light. It sounded like alot of chasing was going on. Every now and then I would see a blob moving through the trees. Once it finally got light enough I did see 8. Four of them were bucks. None of the bucks were on my list so I let them all pass. This week should be really good. They started to pick the corn on the farm I do most of my hunting. Hopefully that won't affect my hunting to much out there. I'm hoping they will have it all down in 2-3 days. Good luck and happy hunting to all.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Well it has been another slow week until Saturday. The weather cooled down for Sat. morning. The deer were on the move. We seen 4 different bucks and 5 does. None of the bucks were big but at least they are moving during the day time! I have to work Monday and Tuesday but I am off the rest of the week. I hope the weather cooperates with me. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The weather looks excellent all week here. I will be out as much as possible here. Now is the time to be in the stands boys. Good luck and happy hunting to all. Let's lay the smack down on some big boys!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.