Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 16 - Rack Addicts

Old 09-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to ask my uncle if I can borrow his bow, he hasn't used it in years.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I'm back in the game . I got my uncle's bow. It need some TLC, but I cleaned it up bought a few new arrows for it and sighted it in. I will only be using a 25 yard pin. I have it dead on at 25 yards. I moved in to 19 yards and it shot a little high. I adjusted acordingly and shot again and it was dead on again. The bow is a PSE from the 1970's. It shoots like 250-260 fps. I'm used to 320fps. As long as I do what I need to do do I should be ok until I get my bow back. So opening day is still a go!!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I'll be in the stand in about 7 and 1/2 hours. Good night all.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Hey guys, I'll be in the stand in about 7 and 1/2 hours. Good night all.
Good luck!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I seen 4, all doe's. The hunt I'm really looking forward to is tonight. It will be about 35 degrees colder than it was last night, the wind will be right, and hopefully Twin Towers will be walking past my stand. Then there is also Heart Attack, The Split Brow10, and Kickers. any of these bucks walk past me tonight they will be going down.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I seen 4, all doe's. The hunt I'm really looking forward to is tonight. It will be about 35 degrees colder than it was last night, the wind will be right, and hopefully Twin Towers will be walking past my stand. Then there is also Heart Attack, The Split Brow10, and Kickers. any of these bucks walk past me tonight they will be going down.
Good Luck, bring in a big one, namely "Heart Attack", to start our team off on the right foot..
Old 09-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I seen 4 more doe's tonight, no bucks. I passed on two of the doe's nad one I was going to shoot but she stopped short of my shooting lane then she turned and walked out of range. If I get an opportunity at a doe tomorrow I will put a doe down tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen alot of does Sunday morning and only a couple Sunday evening. I haven't seen anything yet with bone on it's head. I'm not worried though. They will come. I'm hoping to fill a couple of doe tags real soon here. My son and myself should be getting our bows back this week. Yeah!!!!! It's suppose to be raining quite a bit these next couple of days with a letup Tuesday afternoon then a big cool down overnight. I will be out there Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Fork Horn

Nice to see we have guys in the field already, our opener is next week. I got 4 stands put up over the weekend. I've got one small woods that is just littered with acorns...but surrounded with corn. Crops around here are all coming out early though so I should be OK. I've been out of deer meat for about 3 months now...does beware!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

Went up to the hunting grounds last weekend and got rained out on Friday. Too wet and windy to put in any time in the stand. Picked mushrooms and while cleaning them in the farm house, saw an 8 pointer leading 9 does/fawns past the barn into the tall grass. Was very dark to get a good look at the rack.

Next night I setup in this grassy area and after 1 hour, had a doe and fawn join me in near the pine tree I was pearched in. After 30 minutes at 10 yards, the doe and fawn headed back to the field and I took the shot. One doe down and in the cooler.

Now time to concentrate on bringing one home for the wall. I'm targetting two different bucks. One is a nice 12 pointer with alot of mass and split brow tines. The other is a decent 8 pointer with good length and width. Now if I can only get some cold weather to drive the mosquitos into the ground.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.