HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   Team 6 Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/327858-team-6-thread.html)

PutnamHonigford 08-17-2010 12:22 PM

Team 6 Thread

PutnamHonigford checking in.

PutnamHonigford 08-17-2010 01:47 PM

Lets get this started, where are u guys all from? and how are thigns looking for you guys? Im from Putnam county OHIO and i have been seeing quite a few deer. inculding a real nice 9.

sportsman22 08-17-2010 04:25 PM

I am from Freedom, WI (in the country outside Green Bay, WI) and hunt mainly in La Crosse County (near the infamous Buffalo County) and Wood County (central WI) for the first time this year. Although I won't be able to get out as much as I used to in college I have some great hunting opportunities this year. I get to hunt a NY Giant's property this year in Wood County . Here are some pics he sent me thus far...

My friend in La Crosse has just put the cam out yesterday, so hopefully i can get a few pics from him as well this month.

shoot2thrill25 08-17-2010 08:24 PM

West Central Indiana. Got quite few big deer I am lookin at. I have video of several of them, don't run cameras much bc i've had 'em stolen . Im fired up. Ill do some clippin of the footage I have and put up some of the guys i'm after.

We gotta get started on a team name. Ill start rackin my brain.

PutnamHonigford 08-18-2010 06:22 AM

Nice to meet you guys, looks like u have been on some decent deer. ive been watchign a real nice main frame 8 with a sticker on the right G2. with plenty of pictures of him, but i cant figure out how to get them on this thread.

Pope94/IA 08-18-2010 05:19 PM

Howdy. My name is Andrew. Im hunting Iowa. Im only 15 years old but hunting is my life. :D I just got back from baiting bear in minnesota so I haven't been on much but not that the contest is up and running and youth season is coming up ill be on much more!

Heres the two guys im after this year..

And this guy...

He has 5 drop tines. smaller ones of course...
If you guys look on his shoulder you will see a cut... Well that cut is from my muzzy 100s. He came in last year at 20 yards and the shot was a bit too far forward and I got the shoulder. I had a great blood trail for about 600 yards then I found the arrow (with the tip broken off) and the blood trail stopped... The tip broke off and clogged up his wound. I got pictures of him a week later so hopefully he made it through and becomes a monster this year. Hes gonna have a really funky rack this year, that is if he is still alive.

phil_pick 08-18-2010 09:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I'm Phil and I'm from Janesville, WI. I am hunting mostly southern WI. I have one really nice 10 pointer that I got on camera but he has only shown up twice so we will see. Also I just got permission from my wife's uncle to hunt his place. There is another bow hunter there but there are some really nice dear as well. Here's the one I am after...
P.S. The year in the date on the picture is wrong. Those are this year.

SchuLace 08-19-2010 09:48 AM

My name is Cody and I have from SD. I am hunting mostly in the south central part of the state. I don't have any pictures but there have been some good Mulies out there and I saw 2 very nice whitetail last fall that are still around.

shoot2thrill25 08-19-2010 09:32 PM

Hey phil in that second pic looks like there is another good lookin buck runnin off in the background. Good lookin deer everyone, now all we gotta do is deflate 'em!

Pope94/IA 08-21-2010 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by shoot2thrill25 (Post 3666083)
Hey phil in that second pic looks like there is another good lookin buck runnin off in the background. Good lookin deer everyone, now all we gotta do is deflate 'em!

Haha yeah! That just gave me a idea for a team name... Kind of corny but what about the Deer Deflaters?

PutnamHonigford 08-21-2010 06:35 AM

I really do not care what the team name is, so i guess that is cool with me.

ahunter55 08-21-2010 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ahunter55 checkin in. Just got back from Wy. & my 1st Antelope hunt. Missed my Buck @ 48 yds but took a Doe @ 24 yds & watched her drop.

shoot2thrill25 08-21-2010 08:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple of my guys Im after. Its video that I clipped a pics out of so, quality is poor. The first one was filmed JUNE 17, so I know he's had to put on a lot since then, I have history with this deer and there's a solid chance that I am gonna go all in on this deer. We only get one buck no matter what the season here in IN so, depending on how the season is going, it might be him or tag soup. I think he's six, and he's been a high 170s low 180's the last two years, pretty original name, the wide ten ( i think he's probably 24" wide). But so far this is all I do while hunting him--->:bash: The second one was the first part of august, just big framed 8 with a pretty big kicker on his right g2. He's new to me, but I was very happy about seeing him. He's the only deer I have seen so far that might give the wide ten a chance to not be the only one I'm after. We'll see when the velvets gone. btw deer deflators is funny, lol.

palmergt3 08-22-2010 10:33 AM

Checking in from Omaha NE do most of my hunting around here but head out to western NE once a year to hunt with family and friends back there. Looking forward to getting to know all of you this year. Had to sit out of the competition last year do to being stationed in Korea so looking forward to doing this again

shoot2thrill25 08-22-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ahunter55 (Post 3667142)
ahunter55 checkin in. Just got back from Wy. & my 1st Antelope hunt. Missed my Buck @ 48 yds but took a Doe @ 24 yds & watched her drop.

congrats on the speed goat. Way to get the season goin!

palmergt3 08-23-2010 01:55 PM

I was thinking we could go with something like Team 6 Killers with crooked sticks or something like that just spit balling here.

Schulace where you from in SD? me and a few of my buddies go bird hunting up there every year just north of Brookings. Possibly looking at moving more west this year and hitting up some public land out that way not sure yet. Maybe if you are into bird hunting(being from SD you should be)lol we can hook up and do some work on some ring necks

Pope94/IA 08-23-2010 05:45 PM

AHHH!!!!! Im so behind right now. Youth season is coming September 18th..? I think. And I dont even have arrows for my bow! I haven't practiced much this summer. I just haven't had time. Working and sports and all that. And now school!

Our first football game is friday! Last year as freshman, we went 9-0. Hopefully this year and can do the same!

SchuLace 08-23-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by palmergt3 (Post 3668114)
I was thinking we could go with something like Team 6 Killers with crooked sticks or something like that just spit balling here.

Schulace where you from in SD? me and a few of my buddies go bird hunting up there every year just north of Brookings. Possibly looking at moving more west this year and hitting up some public land out that way not sure yet. Maybe if you are into bird hunting(being from SD you should be)lol we can hook up and do some work on some ring necks

I am from Sioux Falls but I do most of my hunting in Lyman county which is just across the river by Chamberlain. If you are looking for some good bird hunting, there is plenty of good spots along the river. There is actually an area right across the road from my grandparents that is going to be opened for public hunting this year after not really being hunted ever. The birds are always coming over to my grandparents farm from there.

phil_pick 08-24-2010 11:36 AM

Ok lets see who all has checked in so far. Names in bold have checked in.

Team 6
dmax4me
RDHunter
SchuLace
ahunter55
sportsman22
PutnamHonigford
shoot2thrill25
Pope94/IA
palmergt3
phil_pick

I'll send a PM to the others and tell them to check in so we can get some alternates in case we need them.

As far a a name, I was thinking "Bone Heads" but I really don't care.

When are your season dates? Mine starts Sept 18. I can't wait.

PutnamHonigford 08-24-2010 11:48 AM

september 25th here in the buckeye state! i cant wait for this season!!! bring on the bucks haha.

as far as the team name. i dont really care

phil_pick 08-24-2010 01:13 PM

By the way, welcome to the team Palmergt and welcome to the Big 10. (I'm from Wisconsin.) What are your thoughts on that deal?

PutnamHonigford 08-24-2010 02:40 PM

i think it is going to create some interesting football games...GO BUCKS!

ahunter55 08-24-2010 06:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mine starts Oct. 1st in Iowa but I qualified for a special antlerless Bowhunt that starts the 15th of Sept. Does only until you get 3 then you'll get a Buck tag good starting Nov. 1st..Good Deal since it would allow me to possible take a 2nd Buck. I've neer taken over 2 so far.
I'm just planning on using my old recurve for the Does on this hunt & see if I can round my recurve kills out to 40 (I have 38 from past years). Oh, I use the Darton Compound outside the special area & during regular season...

Names
1-Bucks fear us
2-Horns have NO chance
3-Sudden Death
4-the Buck Lure 10
5-It only takes one

I'm sure someone can come up with a good one. I will go with whatever the others want-no problem...

Photos are actual Bucks (the best ones of several) I passed on last year from 15 to 25 yards hoping for 1 of 3 I've been after. I've not filled a Buck tag in 5 years so this should be the year...

Pope94/IA 08-25-2010 04:46 AM

ahunter55, where at in Iowa are you hunting?

ahunter55 08-25-2010 06:15 AM

I live in the N.E. Corner of Ia. a mile from the Miss. River. Born & raised in N.W. Ill. just a half hour from my home now.

Pope94/IA 08-25-2010 04:32 PM

Oh. I live in the central area of Iowa. About 30 miles west of Iowa city or Cedar Rapids.

dmax4me 08-26-2010 05:04 AM

Dmax4me checking in. I live in south central PA. My father and I have a lease in Guernsy Co. Ohio, that's where we do most of our hunting. I'm planning on heading back out labor day weekend to check my trail cam and do some scouting. I guess we are only waiting on one other to check in on the list.

Team 6
dmax4me

RDHunter hasn't checked in yet.
SchuLace
ahunter55
sportsman22
PutnamHonigford
shoot2thrill25
Pope94/IA
palmergt3
phil_pick

phil_pick 08-26-2010 08:08 PM

RDHunter hasn't been online for a month. Should we ask for a replacement or give him more time? I know anyone in WI and a few other states are starting in three weeks.

dmax4me 08-27-2010 05:17 AM

I just sent RDHunter a message to sign in. Hopefully he will get it by this weekend.

sportsman22 08-27-2010 12:13 PM

Backwood Bandits

Camo Crew

When in Rut

Boys of Fall

Just throwing ideas out... don't really care what it is, we will win :)

PutnamHonigford 08-27-2010 12:38 PM

alright guys hows it going? well i am not going to b on here for the next few days because i am going to be competing in the Michigan State Youth Shoot. it consist of shooting shotgun, bow, .22 rifel, muzzle loader, and orentearing. hopefully i will place well and bring home some medals :). so saying that, what ever u guys deside about team name, or captaine. what ever, its cool with me. as long as i am not captain lol

Pope94/IA 08-28-2010 05:32 AM

We have several names given out so why not start a poll?
Just say which one you like and ill tally it up. Do not say any is good for me.. Pick one. :D

Backwood Bandits -
Camo Crew - |
When in Rut -
Boys of Fall -
Bucks fear us -
Horns have NO chance -
Sudden Death -
the Buck Lure 10 -
It only takes one -
Killers with crooked sticks -
Deer Deflaters -

sportsman22 08-28-2010 06:34 AM

Backwood Bandits -
Camo Crew - |
When in Rut -
Boys of Fall - |
Bucks fear us -
Horns have NO chance -
Sudden Death -
the Buck Lure 10 -
It only takes one -
Deer Deflaters -

ahunter55 08-30-2010 07:51 AM

I'm for what everyone else wants in a name but i'll vote camo crew..

PutnamHonigford 08-30-2010 01:32 PM

Backwood Bandits -
Camo Crew - |||
When in Rut -
Boys of Fall - |
Bucks fear us -
Horns have NO chance -
Sudden Death -
the Buck Lure 10 -
It only takes one -
Deer Deflaters -

sportsman22 08-30-2010 03:07 PM

ill change my vote to Camo Crew

Camo Crew - ||||

sportsman22 08-30-2010 03:38 PM

i made a team pic (to the left) if we go with that team name... i can whip up anythng pretty quick... let me kno

sportsman22 08-30-2010 03:42 PM

well... it didn't change yet... maybe it will be up soon

Pope94/IA 08-30-2010 06:11 PM

Thats pretty sweet. Well we got the avatar now.. so should we just go ahead and use it for our name even if we dont have a majority vote yet..

Update from our football game last friday...
We kicked @$S.. 27-0
One of those touchdowns would happen to be mine.
First touchdown of the year. Actually I almost had a couple..
I was on defense playing stinger and I read the pass play from the line and saw the receiver do a screen and there qb was an easy read so I knew he was gonna pass it to him. I got in the middle of it, picked it off and down the field I went for a touchdown. :D Play of the game.
I also had 3 sacks and lit a few kids up on kick off and defense. :D Oh I love football!
Im just a sophomore so im playing jv but our varsity team won 55-7.

Okay back to hunting talk.
Without looking at the calendar im estimating 18 or 19 days until youth season starts! Still without any arrows.. But my new binos are coming in the mail soon.

ahunter55 08-31-2010 11:03 AM

Keep up the good work with the F-Ball. Hopefully you'll sack a big ol Buck this year also...