Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys! congrats on the bucks so far, keep up the good work. Montana was amazing, need to go back ASAP. Having never been west, I really didn't know what to expect, but whatever my expectations were, they were far exceeded. The country was beautiful, game everywhere. We were only bird hunting since we planned the trip too late to get into any of the big game tag lotteries. The pheasants were plentiful, although i'm told it was a pretty weak hatch this year due to a rough spring in that area. TONS of hens, which is a good sign for next year, and we did manage 14 roosters in 2.5 days of hunting. Had we killed all the ones we shot at, we'd have limited each day, but that's hunting. Saw a couple dandy mulie bucks, some big speedgoats, and a couple real nice whitetail bucks too. Amazing trip, and I think next year i'm going to go twice, once in the summer to trout fish, and again in teh fall to hunt.

As for IL deer hunting, gun season was this past weekend, so I wasn't out, and i'll likely hunt second gun for does, but won't be in the tree with stick and strinc until mid Dec. We shall see if any bucks survived the orange army around my lease.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yoopermike-yes, the west is great. When younger it was an annual trip for me to Co. or N.Mexico for Mountain Mulies & Elk. i'm guessing 25+ trips. I made my 1st hunting trip to Wy. bowhunting this past Aug. & took an Antelope on my 1st DIY hunt.
I'm still after Whitetails as our gunners don't start until the 1st. I have passed a couple little ones very close but killed 2 trees on the big ones (Very thick where I'm hunting). 1 @ 30 & 1 @ 35 yds...
Old 11-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

It looks like Christine updated the entries and we are in 3rd place. We need a couple more entries to move in to the lead. Good Luck to everyone still out there trying.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys... sorry i wasnt on in a while... waiting for the gun season to get done and then heading out for late season here in Wisconsin.... anyone know when the deadline is for entries?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I think the deadline is like early January. Still plenty of time to get a buck. I am also in WI. I just got a yearling doe tonight with my gun. It should be tasty plus it gets me another buck tag, stupid Earn-A-Buck... I hate the DNR.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw 2 Bucks today-A little 6 wandering around & a "possible" shooter cruising through some very thick stuff behind a Doe & another lone Doe...Gun season is the 1st weekend in Dec. so i still have time....
Old 11-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got christmas break to take down a buck. Then gun season opens. The past few weeks I have just been walking around the 800 acre prarie land that our neighbor has and Ive been seeing 6-7 bucks at average everytime and I get really close but there is always something that goes wrong and the buck takes off. I know its gonna be a lot harder to take one by walking around but I haven't been seeing anything at all in my stand...

I've been working on a website of mine and I have a forum up and everything. If you guys are interested check it out... www.the-hunting-place.com
I have pictures and videos and everything on their. I just started it recently so their isn't a whole lot of content but their is some right now. If you guys want, join the forum.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Fellas sorry for not checking in for a while. Spent all last week up in SD shooting some ringnecks. Have to say that I had a blast!!! I bet we seen over 3000 yes that is the correct amount of zeros!!!! Gonna try to hit the hardwoods again starting this week not sure how much I will be able to hunt for the rest of the year(wife gets to start working over time need the money) but I will be out as much as possible. Hope everyone had a great turkey day
Old 11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't checked in in a while. I went out rifle hunting this weekend and got a pretty nice 4x4 mulie. My dad got a nice 5x5 mulie and my brother in law got 2 doe. I haven't had a chance to go out bowhunting lately. The season for bucks ends at the end of the year and then all tags turn into antlerless tags through January. I hope to get out a few more times and try to stick one. This hunting season, both bow and rifle, has been pretty frustrating. I have seen tons of deer but one thing or another always throws a wrench in my plans. Oh well though. I have had a blast so far and hopefully can get a couple more deer before the season is over.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys I failed the team.. I shot a MONSTER buck last night but couldn't find him.. 7 of us guys looked for him in every possible place but can't find him.
I posted pictures of him earlier.. Hes that big 10 in velvet that I got pics of in july. I missed him last week and seen him a couple times this year. This time I had him 20 yards from me and I actually hit him. The picture I posted doesn't even justify him... Hes bigger than what the velvet pic is. It sucks that we couldn't find him.
I did shoot a doe this weekend though... But that doesn't help with our score any.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.