Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checkin in fellas-I have not gotten anything yet but have passed a couple 6s real close-like 20 feet. Missed a shooter for me through heavy brush (35 yds) but didn't make the hole. Buried in the tree his head was behind. I have until the 1st b/4 gunners. Was out of town 3 days so hitting it hard again starting today.

Congrats to you guys on your Bucks-Nice deer for sure.

I am seeing like NO DOES during shooting hours & have decided not to take any from the place i'm doing all my Buck hunting. I passed on them last year also but could have killed at least 4.
I have a inner city permit for another county that I can take Does in. I hunt that when gun season is on usually & late season. Anyway-good Bucks fellas-i'll try & put one down b/4 Dec. 1st but actually have until Mid Jan.. Some of the best hunting is late but really don't like the cold.

Where are we in the standings? Anyone know? Goood luck to those with a tag yet...
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-mdgc0013.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

had a "kinda" good night. Missed a shooter at 30 yds @ 3pm...clipped a branch. Oh, soooo close... Saw my 1st does today also-4, 2 & 4 (10 total) with NO BUCKS around. I saw another bigger Buck at 80 yds. alone. I have yet to see a Buck chasing or with a Doe & tonight has made 10 different Bucks (3 I consider shooters). Anyway-back again tomorrow. Next time I'll nail him to the ground....
Old 11-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys.... I really wanted to hit myself in the face the other day... I missed the huge 10 I got pics of in July...

Actually I take that back...... He dodged my arrow!! I was walking around on the ground and I was in some tall grass out in the middle of no where and I look ahead and this huge buck had his head down trailing a doe and he was walking straight too me so I get low and pull back and next thing I know he is 25-30 yards alert broadside staring at me. Right as I shot he ducked down super low and fast and the arrow skimmed right over his back... grr I was soo upset.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

I better fill everyone in on my time over the last week. Wednesday I went out and saw a really heavy 4x4(I thought) Mulie. I didn't get a whole lot of hunting in on thursday but for what I did, I saw quite a few but couldn't get close. Friday morning I went out all morning. I got about 50 yards from a couple doe but wanted to get about 10-15 yards closer to feel comfortable with the shot. It was all open from where I was to where they were so I really didn't have a choice and I backed off. I watched a pretty nice 4x4 mulie and 2 doe for about an hour but couldn't get set up in a position to do anything. The closest I got to the buck was about 100 yards.

I went back home friday afternoon because I had to attend a funeral saturday morning. My brother in law, sister and I headed out right after the funeral to do some rifle hunting. My dad came out a little bit later. About 45 mins before dark, my dad and brother in law both got a small whitetail doe from a corn field by my grandparents house. We were all kinda standing around in the field when my uncle called and said he could see a deer looking right at us from where he was. I started walking towards where I thought it was and it was a small 4x4 whitetail. I decided not to shoot it. We loaded up and went back to the house and that buck was standing in my grandparents front yard. If I would have had my bow with, I could have probably got him because he was about 20 yards from the pickup.

On sunday morning we were all in a pasture and I saw what looked like a decent, but not huge buck. My brother in law looked and decided to shoot it. I ended up shooting a doe at the same time. I went to get my deer and he went to get his. When I saw his I knew exactly what deer it was. It was the one that I had seen right away on wednesday. It turned out to be a really heavy 4x5 that was almost a 4x6. It had one kicker that was about 3/4 of an inch. I didn't get a buck but I am thinking about going out this coming weekend and seeing if I can find one.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Here are a couple pictures of the buck that my brother in law got.
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-111400_091400.jpg   Team 6 Thread-111400_091201.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

This was in my yard at 7:15am this morning according to the camera I have set up. he's where I feed my birds (5 bird feeders)& bushytails (3 feeders). Deer love the bird seed & they have learned how to tip them to get the seed out..
Yes,my yard is leagal where I live.
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-mdgc0086.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck. All I have in my back yard are oposums, racoons, and the neighbor dog's poop.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

added my score to the scorecard today. 131" even. Come on guys lets stack em up!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well according to my calculations we have a score of 377 7/8". That's not enough to get us into first place yet but we are definitely headed in the right direction.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

No Bucks tonight but 3 does. I had one of my best hunts ever tonight. Sat with my daughter & she got her 1st shot ever at a Deer.
20 yards on a Doe that she missed BUT her saying she was shaking so bad & what an Adreniline rush was great. I'm sure I was more excited than her. I have it all on video...
Shes a Nurse working 12 hour shifts, mother of 3 & spent over 100 hours in a stand last year trying to get a shot.
This is her 4th time out this year & it all came together. Next time, she'll be right on...Just wanted to share.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.