Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm headed back to Ohio tomorrow after work. I'll be bring my buck home Sunday night along with a cooler full of meat.
Good Luck Guys. The time is at hand.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job and congratz on an awesome buck!

Sorry guys I haven't been on lately. Been a little busy with football and school and hunting.
Update on our football team... We have made it to the third round of the playoffs and we are playing solon again. They beat us the first time but we played like crap. We are bringing the heat this time. If we win this game we will go to the semi finals in the dome and more than likely be playing Pella who we have lost to in the first round of playoffs the past two years so if we can pull through the next two games we will get two HUGE revenges!

Update on hunting... Well not a whole lot. Saw a small seven pointer sunday morning while sitting in the stand with my friend. Then sunday night I had a big 10 pointer right under my treestand but sadly I wasn't in the stand at the time... He saw me before I could get close enough.
I got some nice ones on camera though and im seeing alot more signs of the rut!

I dont know if you guys have seen these next ones yet or not but they are from the past few weeks.

I got more pics of this guy and he broke that front fork off that is coming straight out of his head.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

something better go down for me this weekend. Big front movin in tomorrow, rain snow mix, sittin all day saturday and sunday....hopefully I wont need to on Sunday tho . Good luck guys!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

It has been fairly warm(considering the time of year) around here. I haven't been out for a couple weeks. Next wednesday I am leaving after class at 11 and heading out. I should be able to hunt wednesday afternoon/night, all day thursday, and friday morning. I have to come back home friday afternoon for a funeral saturday and then saturday afternoon my dad and I are heading back out to do some rifle hunting. I think we are planning on staying out there until monday or tuesday. Hopefully I can get a couple with my bow and rifle.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Dmax congrats an a great buck. Way to be the ice breaker for the team.

went out this morning everything was perfect little wind 27degrees but seen no deer at all. Had a coyote come into my stand missed him just over his back I didn't have enough time to pull out the range finder and I judged him at 40yds well after I missed it was only 35. then shortly after that had 5 guys walk through the timber to the north of my stand not sure if they were looking for a deer they had shot or were pushing but all they pushed to me was that coyote. A guy that comes and hunts with us from Utah shot a 120class buck this morning so that gets me pumped up for next week(took the whole week off). Dmax congrats again awesome job, and good luck to the rest of you.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great weekend! Me and my friend both score on some does. He got his friday morning while I was at school and I got mine saturday night.

I also saw two huges bucks this weekend. One which was that big 16 pointer I saw earlier this year. He just seems to be getting bigger and bigger everytime I see him! Another guy we had come in about 100 yards real early with some does and he didn't think was something right when we grunted at him so he took off away from his does and he ran off like he was scared of something... like a more dominant buck.. or maybe my grunt?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Guys,
Well I brought my buck back home last night. I just finished scoring him and entered him for the team. He came in right at 120". Now we just need a few more.
Good luck guys!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

well the weather is not wanting to cooperate very much for the rest of the week. I took all week off just to hunt and wouldn't you know it high wind advisory all week long!!!! winds are supposed to get up to 20mph good thing I have a really big sturdy tree to sit in.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

We are one the board x2. Ill post a score and story later.

Last edited by phil_pick; 11-09-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

phil that is a great buck way to get us some more points on the board

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.