Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Pope sounds like you had a good weekend. Atleast you were out and got to see some deer. I spent all weekend finishing up a kitchen for a buddy of mine!!! the pink counter tops are the old and then the new ones
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-mitch-kitchen-old.jpg   Team 6 Thread-mitch-kitchen-new.jpg  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I got back from Ohio last evening but, unfortunately all I saw were does and fawns. I saw one year and a half that has a fork on one side and the other goes straight down beside his eye. Strange looking thing. I think the full moon had a lot to do with deer movement this past weekend.
PA Archery season comes in Saturday, so maybe something will happen here.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about your miss! At least he's still there to be taken with the bow. Headed to the UP on Friday to bird hunt a little, go to the Packer game on Sunday, then back down here Monday. Depending on what time we get back, I may have time for my 1st IL sit of the year.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like the next time I will be able to go hunting will be on monday. The temps have been in the low to mid 50's here in nebraska in the mornings. My buddy cut the alfalfa field that we hunt on last night and said he seen a bunch of scrapes along the field edge. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. If any of you have the chance to get out in a tree this weekend I wish you the best of luck.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hung a trail cam today & snugged up one of my hang ons.
I won't get out for the opener but after 54 years of Bowhunting I wait that 1st week & then it's LOTs of stand time all through till end of Nov...good Luck all.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I'm picking up a new "used" Darton Sunday on my way to DesMoines to watch my G-son play football. I saw it in a shop yesterday (1 1/2 hrs from where I live) & have no idea WHY I did not buy it then. Got home & decided it was to good to pass up. Called them today & put my name on it.
I've been shooting Dartons about 35 years now & my newest is 7 years old. I have 3 currently & 2 of them are 21 & 22 years old. Still being used by relatives.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

By looking at the Scoreboard it doesn't look like anybody is having any luck yet either.
Good Luck to all this weekend who have the opportunity.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

I am leaving in a couple hours to head out for the weekend. This will be my first time out bowhunting so I am pretty excited.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to all you guys this weekend! Officially open here in IL, but i'm headed home for the weekend. Hoping to get back early on Mon and have the first sit of the year. Looks a little warmer than I like for next weekend. Again.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Well I got out here later than I had hoped yesterday. My dad and I ended up having to go to a town about 30 mins out of the way to work on a scraper engine. We made it out here and were about 2 miles from my grandparents house and saw a really nice, old mule deer buck sitting about 200 yards off the gravel road in a pasture. We watched him for a few mins and decided to call the guy who owns the land and see if I could go out there. We got to my grandparents and a guy who is helping them harvest corn called and had a problem with his combine. We ran over there and worked on that for a bit. Then we headed back to where the deer was and he had moved about 20 yards in the direction of an area that I can hunt. He had about 300 yards to go. We decided to let him be for a while and hope he would continue moving. We went back after about a 1/2 hour and he was bedded down and we only had about 45 mins of light left so we just let him be.

This morning I got up and saw him in the exact same spot. I decided I was going to go hunt an area and when I came back, if he was there, i was going to try to get permission. I went and hunted one area of ours and saw 5 decent doe and a small spike buck. I watched them for about a half hour before they walked off. When I went back, the one buck wasn't there so I will have to keep an eye out for him for a while.

So far I have seen 9 doe and 2 bucks in the time I have been out here so I can't complain too much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.