Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by palmergt3
Well tonight actually here in about 30min I will be heading out to my tree stand for the first sit of the season. temps aren't to bad and it has been raining off and on all day so hopefully tonight will be a good night

and Dmax thanks I appreciate it
Good luck man!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

wow guys sorry its been such a long time since i was able to post on her. ive been really busy with school, work, and all the stuff inbetween. season is aproaching faster then ever and opens up saterday here in Ohio. it sounds like those of you thathave been lucky enof to get in the woods are at least seeing some deer so hopefully u boys can connect. i will try to be hunting hard saterday and sunday but cant really garentee that as of now. well good luck to you all! hopefully i'll be back with a big ol' buck!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you guys that can already get out there. I'm going to check my camera again tomorrow, so hopefully Hole-in-the-Horn wandered by and he's on there. Going to try to get all of the fall yard work done this weekend so I don't have to worry about it once the season kicks in. I also need to do one final look at all of my camo to make sure that there isn't anything I don't have, which is unlikely, but better safe than sorry!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

well didn't fare to well the other night only seen 3 does and two of them were out of bow range and the one that I had at 25yds winded me. Oh well guess that is why they call it hunting and not just killing!!! not sure when I will be able to make it out again and just found out they are going to be switching my hours at work and I will be working 3pm until 11pm so that shoots any of my evening hunts. Guess I will just have to suck up the lack of sleep to get out in a tree in the mornings. Hope all of you are doing well and if your season has started already you are getting to see some deer. happy hunting
Old 09-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

just pulled the card got a couple more bucks on the property that I will be chasing after this year
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-shooter4.jpg   Team 6 Thread-shooter-1.jpg   Team 6 Thread-shooter-2.jpg   Team 6 Thread-shooter-3.jpg   Team 6 Thread-shooter-6.jpg  

Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow the last guy is a monster! And the first one! Hopefully you can get one of those guys!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

palmergt3, That's some great looking bucks. Good Luck on getting a chance at one of those.

I'm pretty pumped. Headed to Ohio this afternoon. I can't wait to get out there. I'm hoping that passing on a lot of 2.5 year olds last year pays off this year. There was even a 3.5, 8 point that passed last year. I'm definitely due. I'll be back Monday evening. I'l try and post then or shortly thereafter.
Good Luck to everyone else this weekend!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

I am thinking now that I look at them more the first one and the last one are the same buck. Hopefully he will make a mistake this year and get an arrow right through his boiler maker!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

great looking deer!
Openign mourning didnt go too well for me, didnt see anythign. I think that is only becasue of the full moon last night though. I could see the deer were into my corn the night befor because the whole thign was covered in leaves, except for one portion of it. I didnt not get out this afternoon because of work, but tomorrow mourning am heading to a great spot. About a half hour away, so hopefully it is worth it! The property owner has been seeing a 12 point running around freakwently. so hopefully it will happen! Good luck to you all!
PH
Old 09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys... I let some lead fly this weekend. Sadly I missed. As far as I know....

Friday night I got out to the cabin after the football game and stayed up till 12:30 talking with my dad about hunting and our cabin addition. I got to bed and 5 hours later my alarm went off waking me up for the morning hunt. It was nearly a full moon so I didn't use a flashlight going to my stand. I still ended up scaring a couple does out of the field. Got in my stand and sat there waiting for the sun to come up. The sun wasn't even completely up yet when I looked behind me adn their was two bucks coming straight to me. One got around 60-70 yards away and was broadside and he was just getting ready to go behind a big brush pile. So I steadied my gun on him and pulled the trigger. He didn't show any signs of being hit and he ran behind the brush pile following that other buck. Then they took off. He didn't seem hit or anything so I got down and went to go look for blood. Not a single drop. We walked around the area for about an hour just looking around just incase but never found him or any blood. It also started raining when went to go look for blood.

It rained/sprinkled the whole day. We got all the support done on the cabin and the decking on it. I got pictures and everything to show you guys. Ill upload them later.

Saturday night me girlfriend came out after work and went out even though it was raining. We went to the blind and sat their till dark and it rained the whole entire time. Never saw a single deer.

Woke up sunday morning and went out and saw a couple deer when I got into my stand but then I got cold after sitting their a hour or so so I got down to walk through our timber and ended up kicking up like 10 does and a small spike.

Me and my dad worked on the cabin addition some more and then sunday night I took my sister out hunting with me. It was her first time going out and she had a blast. We went to a new spot and right away we had deer by us. We just sat along a fence line and their was probably 4-5 feet of tall grass that hid us in their and we had deer walking 8-10 feet by us. She thought that was awesome. We probably saw 15 differant does and right before dark a HUGE bodied buck with a nice rack showed himself and he started running straight to us with a doe with him. He stayed probably 80-90 yards out but never got broadside. He just had his head up looking at us while that doe came to check us out. The doe got about 10-15 yards away and she caught our scent and took off with the buck behind her.

It was a pretty good weekend I would say. We got alot done with the cabin and this was the most bucks and deer in general, that I have seen this early in the season in all of my 6 years of hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.