HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   Team 6 Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/327858-team-6-thread.html)

PutnamHonigford 08-21-2010 06:35 AM

I really do not care what the team name is, so i guess that is cool with me.

ahunter55 08-21-2010 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ahunter55 checkin in. Just got back from Wy. & my 1st Antelope hunt. Missed my Buck @ 48 yds but took a Doe @ 24 yds & watched her drop.

shoot2thrill25 08-21-2010 08:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple of my guys Im after. Its video that I clipped a pics out of so, quality is poor. The first one was filmed JUNE 17, so I know he's had to put on a lot since then, I have history with this deer and there's a solid chance that I am gonna go all in on this deer. We only get one buck no matter what the season here in IN so, depending on how the season is going, it might be him or tag soup. I think he's six, and he's been a high 170s low 180's the last two years, pretty original name, the wide ten ( i think he's probably 24" wide). But so far this is all I do while hunting him--->:bash: The second one was the first part of august, just big framed 8 with a pretty big kicker on his right g2. He's new to me, but I was very happy about seeing him. He's the only deer I have seen so far that might give the wide ten a chance to not be the only one I'm after. We'll see when the velvets gone. btw deer deflators is funny, lol.

palmergt3 08-22-2010 10:33 AM

Checking in from Omaha NE do most of my hunting around here but head out to western NE once a year to hunt with family and friends back there. Looking forward to getting to know all of you this year. Had to sit out of the competition last year do to being stationed in Korea so looking forward to doing this again

shoot2thrill25 08-22-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ahunter55 (Post 3667142)
ahunter55 checkin in. Just got back from Wy. & my 1st Antelope hunt. Missed my Buck @ 48 yds but took a Doe @ 24 yds & watched her drop.

congrats on the speed goat. Way to get the season goin!

palmergt3 08-23-2010 01:55 PM

I was thinking we could go with something like Team 6 Killers with crooked sticks or something like that just spit balling here.

Schulace where you from in SD? me and a few of my buddies go bird hunting up there every year just north of Brookings. Possibly looking at moving more west this year and hitting up some public land out that way not sure yet. Maybe if you are into bird hunting(being from SD you should be)lol we can hook up and do some work on some ring necks

Pope94/IA 08-23-2010 05:45 PM

AHHH!!!!! Im so behind right now. Youth season is coming September 18th..? I think. And I dont even have arrows for my bow! I haven't practiced much this summer. I just haven't had time. Working and sports and all that. And now school!

Our first football game is friday! Last year as freshman, we went 9-0. Hopefully this year and can do the same!

SchuLace 08-23-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by palmergt3 (Post 3668114)
I was thinking we could go with something like Team 6 Killers with crooked sticks or something like that just spit balling here.

Schulace where you from in SD? me and a few of my buddies go bird hunting up there every year just north of Brookings. Possibly looking at moving more west this year and hitting up some public land out that way not sure yet. Maybe if you are into bird hunting(being from SD you should be)lol we can hook up and do some work on some ring necks

I am from Sioux Falls but I do most of my hunting in Lyman county which is just across the river by Chamberlain. If you are looking for some good bird hunting, there is plenty of good spots along the river. There is actually an area right across the road from my grandparents that is going to be opened for public hunting this year after not really being hunted ever. The birds are always coming over to my grandparents farm from there.

phil_pick 08-24-2010 11:36 AM

Ok lets see who all has checked in so far. Names in bold have checked in.

Team 6
dmax4me
RDHunter
SchuLace
ahunter55
sportsman22
PutnamHonigford
shoot2thrill25
Pope94/IA
palmergt3
phil_pick

I'll send a PM to the others and tell them to check in so we can get some alternates in case we need them.

As far a a name, I was thinking "Bone Heads" but I really don't care.

When are your season dates? Mine starts Sept 18. I can't wait.

PutnamHonigford 08-24-2010 11:48 AM

september 25th here in the buckeye state! i cant wait for this season!!! bring on the bucks haha.

as far as the team name. i dont really care