Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 5 - Arrows-n-Antlers

Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

i use a crossbow for now. i know some people will flame me for this but i don't care. it's legal and therefore i can and will. i'm not saying that i don't like bow. i really do and want to but i don't have the $ for one, which one day i will get and hopefully sooner because i have a job interview today. only thing that sucks is that if i get this job, it will really cut down on my hunting time because it's their busyest time of year and will be woking alot of 6-7 days a week. but the $ will be great!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I'm still shooting my Matthews Drenalin that I've had for 2 years now. Still like it and not in any need for a new one. I have been scouting quite a bit this week. Saw some real nice ones last night. I got them on video but it was right at 1 mile away with my Steiners. You can just tell they have huge frames. I'm going to go ask a friend if I can use his Swarovski Spotting scope for this evening. Surely they will give me a better look. Sticknstringer saw a couple decent ones last night but no shooters. He thought they were both mid 120" range. I will let you know what I see this evening and hopefully have a pic or two to post. Will be getting 4 of my trail cameras around the first of September so I will have some pics then as well
By the way Schultzy, nice to hear you're still using the traditional gear. It would be quite the challenge for me. I still cheat
Old 08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

By the way Schultzy, nice to hear you're still using the traditional gear. It would be quite the challenge for me. I still cheat.
Lol!! Whatever works for ya mj!! Some day I'll be back shooting a compound when my body says so. Thanks too.

I got a few minutes to spare here so lets hear where you all hunt at. I myself hunt In the worst DNR managed state there Is (Minnesota).
Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

checkin in fella's I hunt in missouri riverhill's along the mississippi. where's everyone from? and do you guys have kids that hunt? I got a 14 yr old that hunts bow and rifle. Looking forward to this year.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

These may not be the biggest of deer, but I thought I'd show a few that I'm after. The "Oddball" is unique and I have a lot of video of him. So now I just would be satisfied to get a shot at him.

Heres a couple videos.

http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o339/Mottz_photos/?action=view&current=8-15-10b037.mp4

http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o339/Mottz_photos/?action=view&current=8-1-10b025.mp4

Last edited by Mottz; 08-23-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

that buck in the second video has a weird rack.

it's great to see that schultzy and kevanddj checked in. now we just need ctelkhunter, slo-pitch, and tsaxybabe to check in and we can start throwing around more team names and who captain will be.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Well I believe we have 3 from Nebraska. Myself, Sticknstringer,(twin brother) and Mottz. My brother and I usually chase around a few mulies from Sept. 15th until Oct. 1st and then switch to whitetails after that. By the way, I talked to the friend about using his spotting scope but he was going to be out of town so I decided to be "impulsive" and went and bought my own I had 6 bucks in a bean field around a mile away and 3 of them were shooters. 2 Mature Whitetails in the 140's to low 150's and a Mulie that had to be in the 160's. Farmer drove through the beans to turn on the pivot and 4 out of the 6 bucks just dropped down into the beans and didn't stand up for at least a half hour It's supposed to get down into the 40's tonight so Sticknstringer and I will be taking out the video camera and seeing what we can get. Oh and I just thought I should say that I believe tsaxybabe is BuckRogers friend so if she doesnt reply right away, we could always message Buckrogers.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Spike

Hey everyone, Checking in. I will be doing most of my hunting here in Connecticut
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since you (noidurism) have been doing the pm'ing and everything to get this team together, I say you have Captain written all over ya!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

welcome ctelkhunter and kavanddj.
i just pm'd slo-pitch again. (has no email address in his profile) i also emailed and instant messaged tsaxybabe again.( i didn't see the instant message link the last time) i also pm'd christine to find out when the last date to check in by before she picks alts. for mia members. i haven't heard back from her yet, but i'm sure there is still a little time left. just trying to give them all a fair chance.....

thanks for the nomination for capt. mottz. it wasn't my intent, but i have no objections and that also applies for a team name on whatever we all decide.

i'm sooo stoked and have buck fever really bad now. a friend that lets me hunt at his place (one that i haven't scouted) told me he's been seeing a big 10pt and a huge 12pt during the late evenings. as far as my main area i hunt the bachelor group is bigger than i thought. there were 2 more bucks that def. looked bigger than the rest i've been seeing. i couldn't tell how big because it was getting pretty dark by then. man i wish i had a trailcam. guess i'll have to put it on my birthday or christmas list. lol!

by the way, my name is scott. but you can also call me noid or noidurism. doesn't matter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.