Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia >

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks mike and clay I was pumped.

I checked the trail cam behind house today after maybe 2 weeks or something I had 4 different bucks In there and maybe 3 different button bucks and does, can't be sure. Anyhow, the bad news is, I haven't seen my big buck for months now, I'm hoping he just hasn't visited but he is alive, hard to say.

Do you guys feed deer in the off season? I'm considering it when the season ends but I don't know what to put out. They say corn is bad for them.

Keep in touch guys.

Ryan.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Ryan,

Congrats on the doe. Sounds like it was pretty exciting. Following the last day of the season I start putting out my trail cameras to see what left over for next year. I do put down a little feed to help bring them to the camera.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe Ryan, its always good to put a little meat in the freezer! As for feeding your deer, I think Ive read so much about the topic that Im kinda like an expert now lol. They say if your gonna start feeding you deer you wanna start in the spring when they can eat green stuff along with the corn. I guess deer have to have a certin amount of time to get used to a new food. They say you could put corn out in the winter and a deer could get a belly full and still starve to death because their not used to the corn so their not getting anything out of it. At least thats what Ive understood from all the reading Ive done. Hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,
Man I was like a kid in a candy store, I couldn't stop shaking man, I think it was the doing it all myself and having her drop right there infront of me the way she did. I couldn't help it, then I realized it was getting dark I had no flash light and one heck of a drag then the shaking stopped and reality grabbed me pretty hard lol.

Wayne,
Thanks for the info and yeah ain't nothing better than looking in the freezer and having it be full. She was a lot bigger than the pictures give her credit for oh well. I had a blast that's for sure, I just wish I'd have had the maxxis. Would have smoked her for sure.

Ryan.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a relief, I just got off work and my grades were posted at midnight, I got 5 B's and 1 C (Which was Math) Doubt it matters to anyone but I was pretty happy with the entire deal Just figured I'd share

Ryan.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your New Year be filled with prosperity, happiness and good health. (Also Good Hunting)

Dave
Old 12-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dave, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone else as well.

Whats Santa Bringing you guys?

Ryan.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

hey fellas hows everyone been doing. been laid up for awhile due to some health issues. Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by reds10ss
hey fellas hows everyone been doing. been laid up for awhile due to some health issues. Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Hey mike,
Sorry to hear about you being sick sucks but what can you do about it you know. Just ride it out bud.

Ryan.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Marry Christmas fellas!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.