Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia >

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Dave! I knew you would put a big one down.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

congrats dave! thats a solid buck man..u put em down every year!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Dave Congrats. That's a really nice buck.
I'm gonna spank a big boy tomorrow. Got a good feeling about it.weather is gonna be good and the big ones are moving. Had a chance at a good one last weekend but it was to thick to shoot. Was at 20yards twice.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

PJ

Thanks, good to hear from you. This year was probably the hardest I've ever hunted but it payed off. Makes it even more special. Took my good hunting buddy into one of my spots on Friday saw a decent 8 and a four. The eight was not quite big enough. Got it on film which was pretty cool. Have a lot a respect for guys who film because its not easy.

Good luck PJ shoot a nice one.

Dave
Old 11-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't help but feel disappointed today was the last day of the early archery season, here in PA and I had no success. I just feel like being in school totally took me out of the running for a buck. Don't get me wrong I realize that me being in school is a good thing I just hate not having time to hunt. I just feel let down, I haven't scored a buck since 2007 I guess I'm just in a funk. Ohhh well I got maryland and late season PA. Hopefully I can get the job done.

On a side note I prolly just feel so disappointed because murphys law kicked my ass today I had problems with my climber had problems with my truck had problems with my back pack twice. Just a rough hunt.

Just needed to vent quick.

Ryan.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I won't get another bow chance till after gun season. Hopefully they will be coming in to my food plots. Been a rough year so far.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Don,

Good luck in rifle season and the late season. I lot of guys I talked to seem to have a rough year also.

Dave
Old 11-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan, don't beat yourself up! I know you've had a lot of fun scouting and being out there, right? Getting out there is a great stress reliever and I wish I had that opportunity while I was in school (a long time ago). That was a really, really stressful time in my life. I bet that big guy will come straggling by your stand soon.
Well guys, I will be out on Saturday with my friend to give it another shot. I've only been out twice I think. My job has me reeling right now and my wife thinks that my elk hunt was sufficient for this year. I did manage to get out and have my son rifle his first buck - THAT was a great day! He's nice to have along since his eyes work better than mine.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

good luck to u guys hunting this weekend! im hoping to get back out in a few weeks. my season has pretty much sucked, only been out 3 weekends so far, hoping that changes soon.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, Bear season opened on a Saturday this year for PA so me and a crew of my buddies got together and went to his camp, Had a blast, on the first drive, we were working a huge stretch and right when we started we got some moving, and they stayed out in front of us well little did we know there was another crew of guys who had the same plans as we did. They dropped down into the same hollow as us but about mid way between us an our watchers. They were in the right place at the right time to say the least, they shot 4 bears that ran right to them. It happens but whatever, the rest of the day was uneventful. I was surprised that we didn't push anything else out not even a coyote or anything. Well anyhow, here is the pictures I took, hope you guys like them Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend!!!!!!

Ryan.

Playing Cards at the poker table.

Big Furnace we found while driving.

Picture of the camp.

I'd make it more into a house than a camp personally.

The view off of the porch.

Hope you guys like them.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.