Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia >

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, aint been hunt a lot here. Its awfully hot here and the deer are really locked down. Got a couple pics of the deer id really like to take, im really digging his g2's and i hope i see him in the daytime here in a couple weeks

Also what do you guys think this is? I posted it on another forum and some people are saying cougar and some are saying house cat. Theres always been rumors of cougars being around here but ive never seen one. I think its a house cat but my folks think it a coug. I was just curious to see what you guys thought.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
Hey guys, aint been hunt a lot here. Its awfully hot here and the deer are really locked down. Got a couple pics of the deer id really like to take, im really digging his g2's and i hope i see him in the daytime here in a couple weeks

Also what do you guys think this is? I posted it on another forum and some people are saying cougar and some are saying house cat. Theres always been rumors of cougars being around here but ive never seen one. I think its a house cat but my folks think it a coug. I was just curious to see what you guys thought.
That sir is either a Rattle Headed Copper Moccasin, or a Mountain Lion. I'm betting on option 2.

Ryan.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Wayne,

Thats one great buck, it would be nice to get a crack at him. Just based on the grass height, it looks like a house cat.

Been checking in with my buddy who owns a butcher shop, only one nice buck this year. Not many deer being brought in. Just like last year lots of acorns not much movement. I believe it will pick up in the next week or two.

Dave
Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dliz
Wayne,

Thats one great buck, it would be nice to get a crack at him. Just based on the grass height, it looks like a house cat.

Been checking in with my buddy who owns a butcher shop, only one nice buck this year. Not many deer being brought in. Just like last year lots of acorns not much movement. I believe it will pick up in the next week or two.

Dave

now that I look at it again, I think your right Dave, I didn't realize the grass thing before. I got good trail cam pictures but I wont be able to post them till next weekend. Hope you guys are making out good, I wish I didn't have the college thing weighing me down, I'd be out every night I got some beautiful pictures of my backyard bruiser.

PJ I'd say try to email those pictures to someone else, I tried again today and they wouldn't load up. Sorry bud.

Ryan.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guys, seeing lots of bucks, nothing I want to shoot. Its been a pretty good year so far with deer sightings. Last time I had a decent year was 06. So I am excited for later on.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

i wont be able to get out until halloween weekend, thats always been the best time for me.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

wayne thats a awesome buck too, nice tine length
Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Checking in, I'll be hunting the next 2 days. and i have long weekends from here on out. Hopefully I see something worth shooting.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, i have all weekend to hunt for a change. got to hunt this morning and saw a nice 9 point - 110" or so. pretty good for this area. I do have the first 2 weeks of november off, so i should be good for something.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,
Just checking in. I finally managed to get a tree stand hung at a Conservation area that I like to hunt. Will probably hunt there this weekend (my first deer hunt of the season finally!) and will try to go to my neighbors property the following weekend. Have fun out there guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.