Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia >

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Old 10-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,
Thanks I appreciate that. Its a lot of fun for sure. I'm glad your seeing bucks cause you seem to be about the only person I know who is

Mike,
I hate being sick man. Nothing sucks me down worse. I didn't make it out tonight had some truck problems which ended up being a pain in the drain. I went and re scouted this one area by my house, I found a little scrape wasn't anything to even mention really. But I also found about 46 million ticks. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to do a scent drag and get the big boys lured in.

Good luck everyone. I hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am.

Ryan.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

can we enter 2 deer? :P

Shot this guy at 7:30 this morning chasing a doe.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Really nice buck Josh! 2 beauties for you this year. Cool!

Ryan, fox hunting is sooo much fun. I only get out a few times a year and almost never kill one, but its fun seeing those eyes come bouncing in.

As for me I spent the last 2 1/2 days in Ohio, logged a lot of time on stand but only 4 deer Friday evening. That was it. It's a bit frustrating, especially considering I know 5 people that killed bucks yesterday, couple of them HUGE. And as a going away present I saw a HUGE 8 pt chase a doe almost out onto hte highway. Traffic was coming & she cut back up the hill side. That was 1:43 PM on my way home.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh,
That buck looks even better the 2nd time I look at it. Man I wish I'd have shot either of the 2 you did, so where you hanging stands at for the rest of us

Ryan,
Sucks you didn't have any luck in Ohio, but at least you got to spend time in the woods anyhow, that's always a good thing no matter what, gotta take the good with the bad.

As for me, another successful night of fox hunting I think it was the night of the 29th into the 30th. I would have went 3/3 but I took a pop shot at one while it was running away, and I figured what the heck, I guessed where I thought it was and let it rip. That 3.5" mag makes one heck of a boom in the dead of the night. Sure did wake up the dogs in the surrounding area. Overall we went 3 for 4, but like I said, I was more pumped to see my friend kill his first than for me to get any at all. Shame they refused to come in on his side or at least slow enough I could have had him turn and shoot them. Anyhow, here's the pictures, you can tell how excited he is. Hope you guys like them.

Ryan.

Last edited by my7pointmonster; 10-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to mention Josh, you freakin' smoked that buck also, that's a 12 ring if I ever saw one.

Ryan.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

horrible picture, because i didnt get set up before the camera went off, but heres a front pic. this deer was huge - it has an almost 17.5" spread.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

would you believe me if i told you it was a 43 yard shot across the field?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JoshKeller
would you believe me if i told you it was a 43 yard shot across the field?
You gonna hang me a stand in that tree that's lingering in the background and I'd believe it, how far did he make it before the dirt nap?

Ryan.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

75 yards, watched him fall 15 yards from the driveway. no dragging required.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Josh

that is another great buck, congrats.

Been seeing lots of bucks. Blew my shot on a really nice buck.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.