Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia >

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Old 09-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

As long as I don't have to contribute any campaign money for you, you have my vote!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

I really had hopes of being captain this year......not! Ryan you did a great job last year as I'm sure you will this year.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

You guys been shooting much? I'm really liking my new bow (bowtech air raid). Shooting six inch groups at so sixty yards. That is fantastic for me. I think having a range finder makes a huge difference as well. Starting to see a few more deer now that the corn Is getting cut. Nothing to brag about though. The good ones that I was watching have disappeared.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

PJ,

Six inch groups at 60 yards is awesome, makes those 30 yard shots seem close. Couple of bucks I had on trail camera have also moved. One buck I call Scar Face did the same thing last year. Mid July he relocated, still looking for him. Moved a trail camera about a mile away to see if I could find him. I have been shooting a couple of arrows a day, just to keep in form. I have been shooting well.

Here is a buck i just got on trail camera, moved a camera around to try and find him. Last time I had him on trail camera was about 6 weeks ago. Also been looking for a buck I call Swamper, only have one picture of him. I think he's camera shy.

Dave

Last edited by dliz; 09-08-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow dave. That's a slammer for sure. You hunt some reallll nice bucks there bud.

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys bad news. I leave for maryland the morning of the 15th and its gonna rain the entire time. Which is bad news. I was really hoping for some good weather but that doesn't seem to be the case. Don't ya just hate this.

Ryan.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan, go ahead and hunt it hard. You know those weather men have missed their forecast more than once. At least the rain will keep other hunters at home and you know those deer need to stretch their legs every so often. A good time to be out, I think, is right after a rainfall so maybe your timing will be good and you will have success. Good luck
Old 09-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's like 6 days away. The weathermen dont even know what its going to do tomorrow.

I leave a week from tomorrow for Idaho guys. I think I'm ready. I know I am but I never feel as if I am. I'm like that every trip.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rybohunter
That's like 6 days away. The weathermen dont even know what its going to do tomorrow.

I leave a week from tomorrow for Idaho guys. I think I'm ready. I know I am but I never feel as if I am. I'm like that every trip.
Hey Rybo if I dont see ya here between now and then, Good luck bud, I hope you slam one!! I wont have any service in Maryland so I wont be able to check the forums on my phone. If I get one I'll drive to frostburg to post the pics of it but other than that No service for me.

Hope to hear good things from everyone!!!!

Ryan.

And thanks for having me as your captain again, I'm glad you guys thought that I did a good job last year, means a lot. Anyone needs anything I'm only a PM away at all times.

Ryan.

Last edited by my7pointmonster; 09-09-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys got a bunch of good news, checked the trail cam that's in my new food plot and I got pics of 3 does consistently and I got pics of a niccceeee buck. He's a pencil rack but he's got awesome tine length. I'll post pictures on sunday, I guess I'm gonna be taking the camera to school to upload the pictures for you guys to see. I'm pumped right now. Also the weather forcast changed to rain friday saturday which is better than every day. Man I'm really juiced right now. I couldn't wait to see the pictures and now I know why. He's hard horned too and I haven't found any rubs yet so. Hopefully I can either get him this year or next year. I say next year cause he'll be able to breed and he'll get bigger also.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.