HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:38 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

gotlost, I think you are putting too much thought into this, you're confusing bowhunters with poachers, I've bowhunted for over 50 yrs and as a group archers are the most ethical and dedicated of all the hunters generally in my opinion. As far as lead flying while you are bowhunting it shouldn't happen unless someone is in troubleor the occasional idiot decides he's bored. I've carried my .44 hidden in my backpak for years never once having to take it out, I was more than willing tocarry itillegally to reassure me if I were lost for a couple of days or give me a morale boost when hunting in grizzley country after the rangers came to our camp and told us there was an aggressive bear on our mountain and six more working the river in sunshine canyon. Have a little more faith in your fellow bowhunters, from everything I've seen and read most of the poaching is most likely your neighbors or drillers in the oil field, relax it won't have hardly any impact on the deer herd, good hunting