HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

I don't think that a true poacher is going to burden himself carrying a multitude of weapons and be hiking through the back country. Most will probably hit and run from the road or keep things as to make a fast getaway.

Will there be a temptation for some, probably so. But these are the guys that are probably bending the rules already.

If there is problems that are leading to population problems caused by humans, there is a better chance of doing something other than limiting law abiding citizens right to protect themselves,

Many states have organizations that lobby for and against laws that effect our resources. I am not pointing fingers at anyone with this next statement, but I hear so many people in my area complain about what has happened to the environment, yet they sit around and do little to speak their opinion when the laws are being lobbied, that is when the real difference can be made.

Obviosly some voices must have been heard in Wyoming to force a change in the laws. Our state organizations here in Idaho have developed a close relationship with Fish and game and have bent their ear to listen to the concerns of the sportsmen. I know for a fact that we have changed the way things are done in the past, and I will continue to support the groups that fight for what I believe in, even if it means dressing in camo and standing on the steps of the capital building to get my point across.

We have been handed down awesome opportunities, and I believe that it is our right to keep it that way for our kids and their kids. If you believe that something wrong has been done, then speak out and try to change it.