Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!
View Poll Results: Do you hunt deer alone, or in a group?
Alone
73.91%
With 1
20.29%
With 2
5.80%
With 3
1.45%
With 4
0%
With 6
2.90%
With 8
0%
With hunting club
2.90%
With family
7.25%
With church group
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Hunt Deer Alone?

Old 12-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default Do You Hunt Deer Alone?

Do you hunt deer alone, or with friends?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends. Bow alone and rifle usually with a few guys. More time alone though.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Spike

Much to my wife's chagrin, alone. Occasionally, with a buddy.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Spike

I hunt alone or with my boyfriend
Old 02-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Alone..Best way,you don't have to worry about your hunter partner,if he is where he's supposed to be or if he's ready to go at a certain time..When you hunt alone you can stay and go as long as you want..hunting alone is the only way to go..
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Prefer to hunt with a buddy, but often do alone. Either way, it's pretty much the same. With a buddy, I likely see him once in the morning and then again at the end of the day with a few radio calls in between.

It's good to know that there is someone in the general area that can help out if need be.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

Had some bad experiences hunting with others. They get cold early and go back to the truck. They don't take the time to scent proof their clothes or their boots. They have to pee so they make noise walking off somewhere where they can do that and end up chasing off deer in the process. They feel like they have to have a hot lunch.

When I am hunting - I am hunting. And I may hunt all day if I am on deer and things are looking interesting. I may still hunt paralleling behind a group of does waiting to see if they attract a buck. I like to test and grow my stalking skills and not have to worry about what the other person is doing. This doesn't work well when hunting with others.

I am pretty strict about what I do. I don't drink hardly any water before going to the tree stand. No coffee. A little oatmeal. I spend 20 minutes in the cold freezing my butt off before I go to the stand which always makes me need to pee again. I take granola bars and some water so I can eat when I don't have to worry about the scent of the food. I usually spend the first 4 hours in the tree stand and then stalk my way to the loafing areas where I know deer usually hang out during the mid-day. I like to be able to move if the winds change and hate being tied down to someone else who doesn't take it as seriously as I do.

Maybe I am anal about this stuff but hunting to me is really all about the hunt and not about the experience with the buddies or the conversations back at deer camp.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alone is the only way to go, but the wife hates that plan.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
Alone is the only way to go, but the wife hates that plan.
Same here. But, I do it 99% of the time anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.