2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 9 Official Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I put the other buck down this weekend. He came into the draw and gave me a perfect 1/4away shot of 175ish, 7mm barked and he folded.
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 Official Thread-2009-deer.jpg   Team 9 Official Thread-deer-2009.jpg  

Last edited by skeeter 7MM; 12-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Spike

What an awesome buck. How much did he weigh?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, I'm pleased even though I was originally chasing another buck (who like I mentioned previously appeared then disappeared with the peak of rut - I refer to bucks like that as flyers). This boy had some attitude, I had the pleasure to watch him for awhile. 2 weekends ago as the rut was tailing down I saw him put the run on a few up and comers. He fancied pinning his ears back, add in a lip curl he made the ladies pay attention and the boys nervous. Pretty mean looking dude. Obviously he enjoyed the scraps as he broke off a conjoining point on his right G2 and showed war marks on his neck/shoulder area. Never weighed him but I'd guess 250-275#'s on the hoof. They can grow pretty big up here, 300+ on the hoof isn't that uncommon.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

So had the panel(my buddies) come over to measure my deer this evening make sure I didn't add any thumbs...lol. Official/ entered - 159 7/8. Just thought I'd let you all know it's now on the board.

To those still hunting best of luck.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

skeeter, what a great buck! A hearty congratulations to you. The 7mm is a terrific caliber, isn't it? That's what anchored my buck this year, too.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Well gang, our season ended here yesterday and I got only the one deer this year. I saw plenty and had some great experiences, so it was fun all the way. I hope you all have enjoyed yourselves as much as I and, for those of you still hunting, keep on having a ball. I'll still be around here watching, with my fingers crossed for you.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Spike

We have this week then weekend left, then we have 6 days after Christmas. We aren't seeing many deer at all, probably the worst year we have had since I have been hunting.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys this has by far turned out to be THE BEST SEASON I have ever had.

I have seen more deer this year, and passed up more than I ever have before. I have probably passed up close to 50 deer.

I know it may seem I am trigger happy, but I have let an unbelievable amount of deer go. I have killed 7 deer so far this year. I got my first bowkill this year, along with another bowkill just the other day. If your wondering if its legal, I have a kill permit. Among those seven deer was a nice 6 pointer, and a real nice 7 pointer, the rest does. I have not posted for scores yet, because I still have 2 weeks of season left with 1 more buck tag. Hoping for 1 more nice buck this year.

Good Luck To You All!!
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 Official Thread-10-17-09doe.jpg   Team 9 Official Thread-11-14-096pointer2.jpg   Team 9 Official Thread-11-17-097pointer.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go, oneshot - you have, indeed, had a humdinger of a season.

Not sure when the contest is finished, but I don't think we'll be catching the current leaders regardless. But nice job on the archery scene; here's hoping you get a nice buck with the rifle very soon.