Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 9 Official Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Umm sorry fellas, haven't checked in here in a while...been busy with some bowhunting. But the gun season is in now through January.

I have been out for the past two weeks with the smokepole, and have had close to no action. I don't know what has happened, but I have gone from seeing 10 deer a sit, to zero. I hope things connect soon, I'm getting frustrated.

Good luck to you all, and welcome new members!

Again, sorry I haven't checked in
Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hey 1shot; good to see you, though we know you're not far away. I hope things pick up for you and - with the rut coming on - that seems likely. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Spike

We had our youth hunt this past weekend. My niece and nephew both saw deer but didn't get any shots off. Regular gun season starts up this coming Saturday.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the welcome, sure hope I can contribute. Luck hasn't been on my side since nov. started...my camera was stolen last night out of my truck at a small town gas station when I was paying..URG! My weekend was spent hunting mulies. Saturday was a write off, saw nothing good...to bloody warm. Yesterday I spent 5 hours trying to buy an opportunity on a nontypical mulie buck, only to get the slip into a section of no hunting land. I found a nice typical just ran out of daylight to get the shot. Heading out weds which might be my last trip for mulies.

Whitetails open province wide on sunday however looking like work will keep me from hunting till the 19th. Hopefully the weather smartens up by then!

Take Care, good luck and hunt safe!!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

Skeeter, sounds like you're due for an improvement in your luck. Dang scumbag that stole your camera.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The hits keep on rolling, awoke 11th with a raging fever and just started feeling right today. So no hunting for me, in fact was bed and house ridden until today. Test came back negative for H1N1. Mulies are over, now it all about catching up at work so I can chase whitetails!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

PS Pic of the whitetail found the other weekend. 27" main beams, 13 & 14" G2's and 38" mass, nets 174 - some of his highlights.
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 Official Thread-found-whitetail.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Spike

Anyone having any luck? Our camp seems to be having a drought on nice deer this season. We found scrapes before the first week, but now we aren't find anything but rubs. I have a buck chasing a doe (or another buck -- hard to tell) on a game camera, but that is about it.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Well gang, I'm just kind of over the worst cold (flu?) I've had in years. It actually made me miss the first 6 days of late archery season and I finally got out this morning. Saw quite a few does and one real dandy 4x4 - that I photographed in August - tending a doe. So I'll be out there again tomorrow, etc.

Skeeter, that's a gorgeous whitetail.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its been tough for me, weather has been very warm and movements have been WAAAY down. Found a dandy but I suspect he was a flyer (rut brought him in and now he's gone). Been watching another older buck who has some character/personality and he just might get it by sunday(last day). Good news weather has changed so we'll see what the weekend brings. I picked up a doe tag yesterday, just in case. LOL

Canuck2, nice indeed...wouldn't might running into one like him this weekend on the hoof!!!!

Good Luck, shoot straight and safe hunting all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.