Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Official Team 16 Check In

Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang sorry to hear that WMH he woulda been a wallhanger good luck wait every time ive said good luck not much has happened...bad luck in NY got to think ahead
Old 11-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

After After a long uneventful season I finally tagged out yesterday morning. It was one of the best hunts I've ever experienced and it ended with my best buck to date riding home in the back of my truck. The temperature was the coldest it had been this season as I walked the trail to my tree lounge which I had hung in a funnel on a brushy hillside between two fields. As soon as I got in the stand and got settled I had a doe come right under me and the sun hadn't even began to light the sky. I knew it was going to be a good day. Not 10 minutes after daylight a small buck with 4 on one side and a spike on the other came under my stand and moved on out of site across the hillside. Then the floodgates opened up. I had deer on all sides of me all morning and by 10:00 am I had seen 18 deer! All had been small bucks and does. I stood up to stretch at that time and I heard something coming down the hill behind me. It was 3 does and a button buck and they came down the hill and crossed right under my stand and the does constantly checked their backtrail. After they had moved off I waited a few minutes then I used my trutalker and did a series of buck tending grunts and a couple of doe bleats. As I set there waiting, I heard something up the hill. A couple of minutes went by and I caught a glimpse of a deer coming down the same trail that the does had used. As soon as I saw him I knew he was a shooter. He came straight down the hill untill he stood 7 yards from the base of my tree. He started acting nervous and I knew it was time to shoot. After the shot he ran 45 yards and crashed into the brush within sight. He's a clean 10 with one sticker off his right base and he grosses 140 6/8 and is my best buck to date.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a terrific buck JohnDeer... Congrats.. sounds like a great morning out! He's a beauty... sure will look pretty on the wall!

Our gun season opens Monday here in MA.. We have a pile of bucks on camera including 3 wall hangers... we shall see if they show up.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck man!!!thats gonna help our score lol he is a definate beauty!!!i have a new spot picked out it is a river bottom full of deer trails and oaks cant wait to try it out i just hope dad takes me hunting and quick! looks like my reverse psychology worked so bad luck again
Old 11-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome buck John Deer! Definately a wall hanger.

I just got back from 9 days of hunting NW Wisconsin. Scored a 9 pointer, an oops 4 pointer and a doe. Thought the 4 pointer was a doe as it ran past at 50 yards in the brush.

Here's a couple pictures of my best buck to date. Scored 117 7/8 which beats my previous best of 115 3/8 so guess I'm going to make it wall hanger

Picture from the field where the buck dropped. Shot the deer as it was running down the trail I was sitting on just over the edge of the field from 20 yards.

Good luck to all that have seasons left to hunt with a gun. I'm moving back to bow hunting since we still have a couple of 140 class bucks running our woods.

Gerry

Last edited by W9ARcher; 11-30-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Posting pictures
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Bartender

Congrats on the bucks gents. I was able to get a doe on Nov 28th. I seen a monster during a drive on the 29th but 2 leaps and he was gone. I now know where he lives so bring on next season.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck W9ARcher... he's a nice one.. Congrats on the doe Peak...
MA gun opened yesterday... got soaked... very crappy... never saw a deer.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats guys!!looks like my reverse psychology still works Westeren MA Hunter this bad luck is for you....bad luck now dont go kill a big one
Old 12-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Kuk... I need that... going out for a couple of hours this afternoon... we shall see what type of bad luck I can have...
Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to all you guys that have taken one so far and good luck to the ones still trying to make it happen. The deer are moving late in the mornings around here so I think I'm going to go out with the bow and try an all day sit. I've go a spot where the deer cross a fence and I went and checked it out the other day and it's absolutely tore up. I've never seen so much deer hair on a fence crossing before. It's a real highway and there's a perfect sized hackberry tree not 20 yards from the crossing. Maybe now I'll tag out with the bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.