2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Official Team 16 Check In

Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh and yeah i pm'd little indian and he didnt reply
Old 10-01-2009, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

took my 2 daughters for a ride last night (5 & 3) looking for deer. Saw a ton. 2 small bucks in velvet still sparring... and 2 nice respectable 8 points... too bad it's in an area where noone can hunt!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

good to get the lil' ens' out every time me and dad go to the field to put up stand's or trail camera abby(3 gonna be 4 in 6 days)has to be right their with us
Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

went out w/ the bow in CT last night w/ a friend... no deer sighted... but a ton of sign...
nice to get out...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Bartender

I went out this past Wednesday but no sighting on that setup. I will be gettin back out with bow in the morning. 7 more weeks until gun season and I am truely looking forward to that. Nice little cabin we have up near Antigo, Wi.
As you can see with my avatar I am also in the bow contest and as we get closer to the gun season I will change
it to the sudden impact one.

T
Old 10-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gonna try to head to CT again this Thursday...
MA opens 1 week from today... and NY 1 week from this upcoming Sat.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went hunting saterday and sunday morning first day I saw ton's of does probably 20 or so(to far away or one would have a arrow in its direction)...me and dad started walken cause the wind was bad and we were getten chilly so we walk a round this hill and I said ok I'll go halfway up the hill you go to the bottom so we do I am walken and I turn my head to see a NICE 8 point and a 4 point I turn and look at dad and he is at full draw but i knew he couldnt see the 8 point i was seeing so I say dad no theirs a bigger buck(thinking he is gonna shoot the 4 point)and at that pont he realses and I watch a different 8 point run off long story short I felt like crap cause dad missed ...but i meant good cause it is illegal to kill a forked horn in AR so i didnt know what was going on
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck all of team 16 would have wished sooner but forgot,hope ya'll kill some ol' bruiser buck's!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from what I thought was going to be a 3 day hunt. It rained all three days (3 inches total) so I spent the time catching up on projects at the hunting area. Finally went out last night for the last two hours of daylight as it had slowed to a mist and ended up shooting a large doe. She was a dry doe so was pretty good size.

On Saturday, since it was too wet to hunt, I spent the last hour of the day glassing the fields around our hunting house. Counted 27 deer in two 20 acre alfalfa fields. Watched a nice 6 making a scrap line in the pines along the field. Saw two spikes and near dark saw a nice "chocolate 8" sneaking in the grass of a creek. What a beauty of a deer.

Last night as I was giving my doe a ride out of the woods in my truck, saw the same Chocolate 8 pointer leading 6 does/fawns down that same creek to the alfalfa field. I've got to get a stand set up to intercept this travel route. I had no idea the deer used this depressed creek to cross between the fields. The only cover is 4 feet of grass.

Good luck to all. Now back to butchering and dreaming about my next hunt in two weeks.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like you have them patterned pretty well W9.. you'll stick that chocolate 8 in there.
Congrats on the doe... got any pics?

Kuk.... sorry to hear about your dad's miss... at least you know there are a couple of shooters in the area...

Went and scouted a new spot in NY last night... lots of sign... saw a few... found a 2 year old shed of a decent 6 (3 on the shed).
Can't wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.