Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 14 Official Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Can you get someone to take the picture for you?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks but I'm really not too worried about it. I usually do my own processing, but didn't even bother with this one. Too busy and too warm. Shot a doe last night in Wisconsin too. Plenty of rifle seasons left for me with Wisconsin and Kansas still to come.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm checkin' in as an Alternate!

Lookin' forward to our firearm season here in Illinois opening on Nov. 20.

I've been bowhunting hard, here in West-Central IL, for the last couple weeks and I've seen some brutes that I would be honored to take with my T/C Encore 209x.50 during our general firearm season or our muzzleloader season.

Looking forward to being on the Team 14 guys!

Best of luck to all of ya this season!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty glad to have you here IL as a replacement for DD. I get tired of looking at his pictures anyways. Got any cam pictures to share of any bucks that your going after? I've got Wi gun season and I'll be headed down to KS in December as well. Should be a good year.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

JV, it's been a tough year for even my trail cams this season. Being surrounded by hundreds of acres of standing corn, the buck movement has been much more random than in seasons past, keeping them off traditional trail networks and running and chasing the ladies wherever they want this season. However, I also scaled down the number of trail cams I'm using this season as well. I've removed the flash cams totally during the hunting season and I'm relying on IR's until the season is over.

Not much of any size, just some with potential. These are a couple of the better bucks that have showed up consistently thus far. These 2 below have already asked to be tagged a couple of times during the bow season. I've seen some far better bucks but can't even get 'em close to my cam set-ups. Like I said, it's been a frustrating season up to this point.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Spike

Hi Guy's
Our season starts sat. Getting excited!!
So good luck to ya all.

jr 1968
Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first 3 day weekend of our gun season has come and gone and I never filled a tag. I'm proud that I helped my boys, ages 9 & 10, collect their first bucks this season but unfortunately my tag remains unfilled.

That being said our second half of our gun season is Dec 3 - 6 then our Muzzleloader season runs Dec 11 - 13.... maybe with a little luck I can still score of a trophy buck for Team 14.

Good luck to the rest of you guys and gals this season!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Spike

I'm going hunting Thursday, Friday, and Saturday on a friends property. He says the deer are moving alot at the place he told me to go, so maybe I'll walk out with some meat.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Silent_Crow13
... so maybe I'll walk out with some meat.
This is a deer contest, we ain't interested in MEAT.... we only get extra points for ANTLER!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

shot one in KS, not a monster though. 10 points with split brows. 12 points total. Won't use him for the contest though because he broke his right G2. Guess its back lto the MN buck for the contest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.