Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team # 8 Official Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hello Team 8. Just wanted to check in.

My name is Paul, I just got back about 2 hours ago from hunting in Ohio for the last week. Passed on a sub 100" 8 point on the second day and never got a clean shot on anything else. Oh well had a great time and will know the area a lot better for next year.

Anyway I will be hunting in NY and PA.

Be back during the week gotta go and unpack and hit the sheets 4:30am comes fast.

Paul
Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Hey gents of Team 8 Checking in

I live about an hour south of St. Louis in Ste.Genevieve. I hunt on a piece of property near the Mighty Mississippi River. So far no luck on bowhunting but things look promising for rifle season. My good friend that let's me hunt this land of his told me there are at least 4 if not 5 big shooters. Which I rely on his info because we have left numerous bucks walk in the past few years. We don't shoot anything unless it is going on the wall. I prefer doe's anyway, my son is 13 and hunts both bow and rifle, and this year he bought his on muzzleloader ( .50 cal ) of his own. I look forward to his first big kill. This year they implemented the 4 point restriction in our county so he has to be sure of his kill. Good luck to all

kevanddj
Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Opening weekend here in Missouri. I'll be out with the muzzleloader all weekend.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Spike

Heading out tomorrow, so figured I would check in... finally