Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team #7 Official Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
Really screwed up Saturday and I still want to kick my own ...... Missed my mark on setting up in the pitch black by about 50 yards, but figured I'd sit to not stir anything up. After an hour of seeing 1 spike cross the field I decided to move and I come up over the crown of the hill I wanted to be sitting on. A forkhorn was in the same cut corn row I was walking in so I sat and watched. He moved to the edge and out of nowhere comes a buck. He had 6 points on one side and 5(not 100% sure on the 5)on the other. He started walking away so I tried to move to get a shot. The fork caught a glimpse of me but didn't spook. He did start circling downwind of me. Just as I got to a good spot to shoot I start hearing the fork stomp and snort. The other buck looks up so I shot and he jumped a little and went behind a tree and casually walked off. No traces of blood and no dead deer. Case of buck fever or just panic of this being the biggest I've had the chance to take.
I know a guy hates to miss a big one like that, but it happens to all of us. Just look at the brite side. A miss is way better than a bad hit and never find. Keep your head up and don't give up.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

the best thing is he didn't count as my Indiana buck since it was a Military refuge hunt
Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got a couple points for us yesterday. I shot this girl at 20 yards through the shoulders with a 270. I also saw a monster at 375 yards but had a bad glare on my scope and he was gone before I could get it blocked. I still got two months of season left and the rut hasn't hit yet so we will see what happens.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Started out this morning about 20 min before shooting time, seen a blob in the field. Couldn't make out what it was buck I was guessing a buck. It was coming right at me and it got to about 30 yards. I could see antlers, but I couldn't see the antlers. It walked down the road I walked in on and missed my shot opportunity. I figured with my luck, that was going to be the only deer I seen today. But then another buck jumped the fence from the same area and was following the same trail as the 1st. He got to about 50 yards and turned broadside. I shot at 7:05. He has 1 broken and 1 tip broken but I'm still very happy with this deer. I'm guessing he's an older deer since he kind of has a snub nose. Whew, no tag soup this year! I'll have to get him scored yet.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I harvested a nice buck this morning at 7:30. I'll try to get the pics on tomorrow nite after I get back from hunting.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Found some trail pics of him. Tines broken back then.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well here is the buck I harvested yesterday. He's a seven pointer that measures 17-3/8" inside and he weighed in at 185# field dressed. It's my biggest public land buck yet. http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...r/deer1021.jpg

Last edited by WIbuckchaser; 11-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will score him soon.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Wow guys, those are some nice lookin deer. Way to bring it in for the team here! I also got mine this morning. My dad called me at around 8:00 to let me know that there was a nice buck headin my way. Around 8:30 I saw a little button buck and thought that it was just my dads way of playin a cruel joke, then this guy walked out. He was movin down the tree row and gave me a shot at around 125 yds and I took him.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome job guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.