Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread >

Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread

Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Opening day

Well opening day for us here in Maine is November 1st, what really ticks me off is it used to be the last saturday in October which would be the 31st this year. But no, November 1st, and we can't hunt because it's a Sunday. Soooooooooooooo Monday Nov. 2nd I'm hitting the woods. I really wish this state would open up Sunday hunting.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

That no Sunday hunting sucks man, good luck to you on the 2nd though!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by whitetaildreamer
Thanks for the welcome and if you're like me, can hardly wait to get into the woods for some gun hunting. Just a quick question if anyone could clarify, If you register an animal, say a doe, (I believe it was 25 points or something last year), and then you tag out a buck, can you cull up to the buck which would score more? Between ML and rifle I'll have 3 tags so do I wait till the end of the season to post (that's possitive thinking) or post the first and see where it goes from there?
Each member is allowed 1 doe and 1 buck for the score card so if you have a pic of you and the doe post it up. Do the same when you get a buck, if you get more than 1 buck post them both up and they count whichever is bigger of the 2. So to sum it up, each member is allowed 2 deer (doe and buck) All does are worth 25 points. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bhensley
Each member is allowed 1 doe and 1 buck for the score card so if you have a pic of you and the doe post it up. Do the same when you get a buck, if you get more than 1 buck post them both up and they count whichever is bigger of the 2. So to sum it up, each member is allowed 2 deer (doe and buck) All does are worth 25 points. Good luck!
It is Very important, Don't forget the gun in the picture.

Hunter, gun, deer.

Good luck, and get a Booner
Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was out this weekend for the start of our ML season. No luck but found a number of rubs so I know I'm in the right area. The area I'm hunting for ML is about 7 miles by 5 miles and heard on shot on Friday and nothing all day Sat. There are only 5 or 6 of us hunting this area (only 4 this weekend). Saw 3 does through the bush but just too much bush between them and me for a shot. Hopefully I'll get out during the week for a couple of evening hunts and back at it for the weekend. We've got Sunday hunting out here so a couple of days back to back will help. Not much moving but we're still 2-3 weeks from the rut. Hope all is well with you guys and best of luck again.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

well team looks like im staying in sc. i will be moving this weekend so please be patient with me .ill try and get back here as soon as i can and let yall know how its going .. we need to chose a captain and get an avitar for us .ty all again for everything mudchicken out lol
Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Your New Team

Team #.6
1.Mudchicken1012-South Carolina
2.mbhutton -Alabama
3.Whitetaildreamer- Manitoba
4.Alt - npockat32 - I need to know where you are hunting?
5.bhensley - Kansas
6.Alt - schaffee10 Hunting in Indiana
7.Booner1331 - Indiana
8.Alt - rossville22 from MD
9.scarp262 - Mass
10.amhrdwd - Maine
Old 11-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Spike

Hey guys Scott here I was put on your team as an alternate. A little about me, I hunt in northern Indiana, I have been deer hunting for about 20 years (started when I was 17). I hunt on private land that we use for deer and pheasant hunting. Anyway our gun starts nov. 14th this year we usually get one or two really nice bucks each year, we have some nice deer up there. Anyway hope to help out with the team and get to know some fellow hunters! If you have any questions for me let me know!

Scott
Old 11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the team Scott. I'm up in Canada (Manitoba so central). I hunt in the interlake area of our province which is between Lake Winnipeg and lake Manitoba. Been out for our ML season but not much moving but they look like they are starting. The weather here has been crazy this year. One of our hardest winters last year and a summer filled with rain. The deer have usually started moving before this time of year but everything seems like it is out of wack. Hopefully I'll get a look at some bucks this weekend. Have a few stands up deep in the bush (middle of a huge area, about 25 sq. miles) along a great rub line. I've seen some real good bucks over the years in the same area. Hopefully will get a shot this weekend. Safe hunting.
stephen
Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

npockat32 checking in

Hello all! My name is Noah and I am hunting in Central WI. Season opens up in a couple weeks for me here. Got some bruisers on camera on my food plots! Shot a decent 10 pointer with the bow already!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.