Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team 4 Official Thread   Lead Headz >

Team 4 Official Thread Lead Headz

Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 4 Official Thread Lead Headz

Old 12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like some good hunting weather. I am hoping for a bit more snow before the end of next week.

Good luck all.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
This is what I hunted in yesterday, when that half racked buck came out.

Man bigdaddy I wish I could get something like that to hunt in. We have had nothing but rain lately. We had 8.5 inches of rain in november and the tally is headed that way for decemeber. I would much rather that be snow. Good luck this week guys.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

We got another foot of snow yesterday, and last night. Now today the winds are gusting to 45 mph!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Spike

Well I could certainly do without the wind. I would love the snow because I love snow however we dont get it to much down here. But then again if we got a foot of snow everything would be shut down for a week. Stuff closes and people rush out to the grocery store for milk and bread because they are afraid they will be snowed in for more than a day even when they are calling for an inch.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

Well, gun season is officially over here in MN. Yesterday was the last day of muzzle loader season and i failed to take any horn. I did take a nice doe on Friday evening. Friday was one of the best days on stand i have had in a long time. I would guess i saw close to 40 deer. (propably alot of the same ones in the AM and PM)

Saw a total of 5 different bucks and i passed on what would be my personal best. Plenty wide and 10-12 points? No tine length or mass. Hopefully next year i can get a crack at him.

The temp in the morning was 14 below, which i am guessing had something to do with the activity. When i ended up taking my doe, I had 12 deer within 50 yards. I had three of them look up at me when they heard me c-ock my hammer into the fire position. Let drive on a nice doe - probably 15 yards and she ran another 50 and tipped over.

Didn't get any pics due to the fact that it was 10 below and she was froze like a rock by morning.

Good luck to anyone still out.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we have one more week here in VA and I will try to at least take a doe for team 4. I past up many so far tring to score a buck for the team but I will kill a doe and then hope to get a chance at a buck later. Good luck to those who still have time left. Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on your doe Travis! I managed to take a doe the second weekend of our ML season also. Made it out for the last sit of the year today with the bow, now I am done for another year.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hunted 3 days the last week and boy was it cold!! We are not used the temps right at freezing with wind blowing 30 mph. Yesterday I saw 3 bucks just too far away. The big Game show will be very interesting this year, a guy killed an 8 pointer that is going to give the state a run for its money!! Biggest 8 I have ever seen. 22 by 17 and heavy as you can imagine. He was 300 yards away from me and I could see horns and saw him go down. He is headed to Ohoskie this morning to get it mounted. I will download the pictures at work tomorrow and post them if I have the chance.