Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 17- Horn-e-Hunters

Old 11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

No deer anywhere!!!!!!!! This state sucks. MN
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smoked a doe Saturday missed and 8 point this morning I was like WTH but I rushed the shot.

Last edited by 130woodman; 11-23-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a great looking doe. congrats and nice job
Old 11-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Very discouraging evening last night

This year I really went out and purchased some really great hunting apparell such as Scent Lock Pants, Scent Lock Whitetail Elite Jacket, Scent Lock beanie for my head with fold up ear covers, base slayers, both top and bottoms. I also got a great deal on a Mossy Oak leafy jacket with hood and matching gloves, as well as a REALLY nice pair of Realtree bow gloves for my bowhunting.

Since I had done some recent muzzleloder hunting and with all the rain we had, I had quite a bit of mud and dirt on almost all of my outer gear, I decided to wash it with ScentLok detergent and baking soda, and dry with earth scent dryer sheets, and then hang everything in my log shelter ( a real strong scent of Oak is awesome to soak into hunting clothes). It was raining last night, so I put all of my hunting clothes in a scentproof bag and sat on the porch when I was called to dinner.

I sat down to eat, got up to take my stuff out to the log barn and couldnt believe what happened! My back pack with all of my scents, calls, lights, ammo, rope, etc. and my scentproof bag was gone!

My neighbors dog had dragged the bag 200 yrds into a field and shredded the bag! All my freshly clothes were now covered with dog slobber and laying in a pile of mud. My pack was destroyed as well. He must have wanted the beef jerky I keep inside. My black powder stuff was all wet in the grass, he chewed a hole in my tinks (nasty) and had all of the contents spread in about a 30 yard radius. It was still raining while I was frantically searching for it, and after 3 hours of looking with just a head lamp, I found the stuff. My black powder stuff was ruined, but I salvaged the rest of the stuff, put it in the back of my truck and headed to the owners house and said I would take a check for the hundreds of dollars of stufff he ruined, especially my back pack that was literally shreded.

He took me to Bass pro shop and gave me his AMEX to replace what was lost to his dog. I would have hated to of been his dog when he was alone with the owner, to say he was pissed is an understatement.

I am a dog lover, and have a chocolate lab. He knows his 5 acres and never steps a foot out of it. I dont get it that people actually let their dogs out when they have a history, as this one does, of tearing trash cans up and stealing stuff like $300 horse riding helmets from my other neighbor. Now I know what happened to my Irish Setter boots I bought 2 months ago just for bowseason!

PLEASE, never assume your gear is safe when you set it down, you never know what will happen to it!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

still no luck here, have not made it out much.. trans. went out in the truck, so my hunting days have been cut to a little more than 0.. still trying...
Old 11-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went out this morning and didn't see much then i went out this evening and saw 5 or 6 does but i couldn't get a shot at them. can you enter a buck and a doe or one of the other??
Old 11-27-2009, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wis_rifle_hunter
i went out this morning and didn't see much then i went out this evening and saw 5 or 6 does but i couldn't get a shot at them. can you enter a buck and a doe or one of the other??
One Buck, and One Doe, Per team member.
Look at the score post to see how it looks.

Good Luck.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

well we have another score on the board. i shot this doe around 9 in the morning at about 60 yards. a group of 5 does started to come down the hill towards me and everytime they stopped this doe always stopped behind a tree or behind some brush. finally after 15 minutes she made the mistake of stepping out in the open and i capitalized on it!!! she was the biggest one of the 5. i'm trying to attach the picture but it says that the file is to large. can someone help me because i have no idea what to do
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Way to doe guys. HaHa Those does count as points too, and they real good eating.

wis , I sent you a pm with my email address if you can send it to me and I will try and upload it for you. If you cant send it that way either then you will have to reduce the size of the file (picture) and then upload it.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Heres the picture of wis_rifle_hunter's doe.
Attached Thumbnails Team 17- Horn-e-Hunters-team-17.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.