Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 17- Horn-e-Hunters

Old 10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Good News

I booked a trip to Texas from Jan. 5th to the 10th. 15000 acres of highly managed land. I can only shoot a management buck 140 to 160, that sucks. Ha Ha Ha

Pete
Old 10-07-2009, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

Pete, that must really suck shooting a management buck in the 140-160 class. What does a hunt like that cost?

The weather here is turning cold, its 32 here this morning and they are talking snow later this week and weekend. About 2 to 3 weeks early for this part of Iowa. But I love it, bow hunting here is going to get good. Most of the crops are still in so it will get better when they come out.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Just the price of the plane ride, 250$, license250$. The ranch is leased by my "future" brother inlaw "I hope" He is a great guy and is really into the outdoors like myself. He asked last year but I was unable to go because I went elk hunting early that year. My father inlaw went and shot a dandy 9 pt. in the the high 140's. Just another note he shot a 223" and 176" last year. One in TX and one in Cananda.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a heck of a deal , wished I had a contact like that in texas. With out a contact like that it will cost alot more then that. Good luck when you go down and take alot of pictures.
can you shoot hogs while your there?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wykoffwonder
Just the price of the plane ride, 250$, license250$. The ranch is leased by my "future" brother inlaw "I hope" He is a great guy and is really into the outdoors like myself. He asked last year but I was unable to go because I went elk hunting early that year. My father inlaw went and shot a dandy 9 pt. in the the high 140's. Just another note he shot a 223" and 176" last year. One in TX and one in Cananda.
What would happen if you shoot a 200 incher, by mistake? lol
Would he not marry your sister?

Any way Good Luck and get a 140 incher.
Ask him if you could squesse out a 200 incher, and see what he says.
Tell him its only 60 inches, and it could be your Christmas presant from him.
He might just let you, the worst could happen is, he says no.

Good Luck

jrbsr
Old 10-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I think we can shoot the havalenas and coyotes. I ask about shooting the big ones, the answer was clear. I would come back to MN in a box if i do anything stupid.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you better be a good little hunter,lol.
I bet you have a wonderful time. Just take lots of pictures for us to see. Good Luck
Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

My dad and nephew are out in CO elk hunting. The weather seems extreme on the news. They are 8 miles in and didn't bring a wood burner. I think they will be sleeping in the same bag just to make it through the night. No matter how miserable I still wish I was there to help them make it through the week. " and shot their elk for them" JK
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

The weather sure has changed this weekend here in Iowa. It spit snow on sat. morning and again sun. evening. The ground is still to warm for it to stick thou.
Pete, if they did not take any heat with them then they were probably sleeping pretty close together or sleeping close to a open fire, (which could be bad).
Bet they are having fun hunting no matter what the conditions.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I had to have a small surgery on my eye today, nonshooting eye.
It hurts like heck but I will be in a stand this weekend with my bow.
The little wife gets to hunt early muzzleloader this weekend, so maybe she will have something that i can post up for us to look at.. Still about 3 weeks before I go to Mo. if I go this year. And over a month before the gun seasons starts in Iowa.
When can you guys start to burn some powder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.