Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team # 2 The Winners Checkin Thread >

Team # 2 The Winners Checkin Thread

2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team # 2 The Winners Checkin Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Spike

jim at least you have a pic to go by if you see him again
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

No opening day bow success but I did manage to get scared to death. I was sitting there all nice and quiet and a turkey gobbled real loud. I thought it was on top of my head it was so loud. I finally located him after his third gobble roosting in a tree about 50 yards away. He was a pretty good sized bird. He was lucky he flew the opposite way when he decided to take off. It was also opening day for bow turkey also. After that I just sat there waiting for something to happen but nothing.

I decided after awhile I would walk out and then try to figure out where I wanted to hunt this weekend. On my way out I busted 2 more turkey off of the roost.

I got by where my truck was and looked past the woods and saw a nice buck about 150 yards away. He saw me to and took off towards the back corner of a bean field with a doe following him. I saw him bed down with her about 300 plus yards away out in the bean field. I decided I would try to sneak up on them to see if I could get a shot.

I started walking towards the corner of the field and I saw another doe and buck about 200 yards away from me but they were walking where I could cut them off about half way to where the first 2 deer had went to. I decided to walk a few rows into a corn field that was next to the bean field they were in and I got to about 20 yards from where I thought they might end up near the corn field edge.

Well when I got there and waited about 15 minutes the darn wind decided to switch directions and blow to the East where the 2 deer were at. At this time all I could see was the doe. The buck was still down the hill from where the doe was standing. We both just stood there for 30 minutes with neither of us moving. Finally the doe moved and I thought she was walking away because she had scented me. We were about 70 yards from each other. I decided to go ahead and try to walk up on the first 2 deer I had seen.

Of the 2 sets of deer i had here the first buck that had bedded down was bigger but the doe was smaller than the other doe was.

I had moved about 10 yards and I looked over and the doe didn't go away from me it was still coming to me. So I got back in the cornfield and went back to where I was to maybe get a shot at her because she was the bigger doe of the 2 so I decided to either take the first buck or the second doe. After I got set back up for her we watched each other again for about 10 minutes then she decided to leave the area for sure this time. The wind was still blowing towards them so I'm sure she figured it out.

I debated for awhile then decide to just back out from trying to get to the bigger buck and not take a chance so I could take my climber back to that corner of the bean field and hunt over it this weekend.

All in all I didn't get anything but it sure was fun trying. I chalk this up as a good morning.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice job!! most people, maybe me too, woulda got the fever and woulda went gung ho to that buck after she walked away....i agree prolly best thing is to leave and set up early, bring pb and j sandwich and wait...(deer cant smell pb n j..lol..i kno) good luk....hope u have ur camera lol
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

man i don't know how much i'll be able to contribute. i've been bowhunting alot since sept. 12, and i've seen one buck and he was a cowhorn. tons of does, and lots of fawns though. just glad to be in the competition with you fellas. hopefully starting next weekend the bucks will start getting stupid (that's when our muzzleloader season comes in).
Old 10-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rustynobles
man i don't know how much i'll be able to contribute. i've been bowhunting alot since sept. 12, and i've seen one buck and he was a cowhorn. tons of does, and lots of fawns though. just glad to be in the competition with you fellas. hopefully starting next weekend the bucks will start getting stupid (that's when our muzzleloader season comes in).
Get a doe, it counts to our team, Good Luck on the Bucks.

Get a Booner.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Get a doe, it counts to our team, Good Luck on the Bucks.

Get a Booner.

Defiantly...i am posting a notion, mandatory does fer our team, we will choose the best doe fer our 25 or 50 points what ever it is.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
Defiantly...i am posting a notion, mandatory does fer our team, we will choose the best doe fer our 25 or 50 points what ever it is.
Any doe counts, they all count 25 points.
If we all got 1 doe apeace, that would be 250 points for our team.
It doesn't matter if she weighs 40 lbs or 400 lbs it conuts.
Just so its a legal kill.

Good Luck, gat a Booner, and a doe.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Spike

Sorry guys, but I won't be able to shoot a doe this year. There were no doe permits for my area, for rifle season. I have been bow hunting just about every day since Oct.1 and have only had 1 chance at a doe which are legal to shoot with a bow.But I did screw up on a big buck that I didn't find it.( Read my story in the deer section).
Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Any doe counts, they all count 25 points.
If we all got 1 doe apeace, that would be 250 points for our team.
It doesn't matter if she weighs 40 lbs or 400 lbs it conuts.
Just so its a legal kill.

Good Luck, gat a Booner, and a doe.

i think it is 1 doe per team, if i read the rules right..

3. Antlered deer, including doe's, if it's tagged with a tag it's in.
For the states, or country that don’t use tags, there in too.
Does will count as 25 points.

One Doe will count toward your team.
The Doe will count 25 points.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

well i'm going to put out some 3 day harvest and try to concentrate them to one area. so who knows maybe in a few weeks when the rut starts heating up i might get a big boy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.