Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team 39 Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Well Fella's,

The early Pa bow season has ended. I have nothing show you! I was skunked! I am heading to New York at the end of the week to do some bow hunting then hunting the gun season there. Hope things go better there than it has here. Hope the rest of you are seeing some good buck.

By the way, congrats on a great buck virginiashadow!!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Great buck Virginiashadow! I haven't scored during bow season, but I shot a smallish 11-pointer during rifle season. Check out the thread:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer...ifle-buck.html

I think there may be a bigger bruiser lurking back on my land so hopefully I'll be able to arrow him in the late season!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys -I have been out but I am not seeing any nice bucks. Just a cxouple small ones.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks MO---keep at it guys! Most of us have 4-6 weeks left on our seasons. Even when it looks bleak, keep at it to the last minute. We get 1-2 more bucks on the ground and we are in the thick of it in the competition.

I wish all of you the best and cannot wait to hear of your successes...and by success, I mean your time spent afield and the stories that accompany that time.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am far from giving up hope. -just aint seeing anything decent.
I did let a 110-115 inch 8 walk a couple weeks ago.-a few days later a buddy whacked him.
There is a couple nice ones on a couple spots we hunt. My buddy has seen them but I have only got a glimpse of one. He has some big tracks and rubs big trees. I feel like i am hunting a deer I have never seen.
Now the heavy rain has settled in here.
Been raining with high wind since sunday. I did make it out Monday afternoon but didnt see anything but a fox.
On the bright side --season goes into January
Congrats on the buck virginiashadow.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I didn't get a buck but I finally broke my cherry for the year...It is the longest time I have ever been without a deer in a season. She is a decent doe, took her at 38 yards...

Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back up here to Chicago for work this week. Drove home Fri. afternoon and saw deer the whole 250 mile trip home. Got to hunt all Sat., Sun., and Mon., and saw several deer. On every sit I saw at leat 1 buck that would make P&Y. Sunday evening a 135" 9 pt. gave me a chest on shot at 20 yards. I let him go.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer-pred, great shot! I actually killed a doe tonight myself.

2Lunger--you must be a patient man seeing those types of bucks and passing. GOOD luck.

Carp--you get that buck scored up? I know I am sounding like a broken record.

Last edited by virginiashadow; 11-18-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
Great buck Virginiashadow! I haven't scored during bow season, but I shot a smallish 11-pointer during rifle season. Check out the thread:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer...ifle-buck.html

I think there may be a bigger bruiser lurking back on my land so hopefully I'll be able to arrow him in the late season!

Great job man! It's nice to hear that someone is seeing bucks...I have been out several times and have not seen anything. It does not help that we have had some very warm weather here and way to much rain. The island I have been hunting was under water for about two weeks and I think that has really screwed them up bad.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys -sorry to report I didnt get us any points yet.
Just have not been seeing any bucks. Im sure all the rain we have had didnt help.
I will be back out after our gunseason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.