Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team 39 Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Guys, Kendall (Carpsniper) shot a buck on Thursday. The hit was a marginal one and he tracked later in the day just to jump him. He backed off but then that rain started. He went back (with a tracking dog even) but lost the trail. He's been sick about it and has been searching for it ever since. It's all thick multiflora roses and brambles where the trail was lost, very hard searching.

Anyhow, I do have reason to believe that the deer has been recovered but I don't know how much of the deer is left. I will update you guys. Hopefully, he can still get it entered because he really put a lot of effort into finding it.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yay!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting Christine.......Kendall make sure you get some measurements and get him on the score card!.....
Old 11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright Kendall! Great buck and from the sounds of it, great effort on the recovery.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting Christine.
But the big thanks goes to Louie Fonseca and Deb "Ladyforge".
The day I shot this guy, Louie came and helped me track him. Without his and the good Lord's help, I wouldn't have found the trail after he crossed the creek. Louie slogged through the woods, prairie, then back into the woods until it started raining and got dark enough that we lost blood.
Then on Sunday Deb came over and helped check more thickets and deadfalls. Then we went out and walked through the prairie to see if he'd gone back and bedded there.
We gave up for a while to get something to eat. (It was after 2:30 and Deb hadn't had any luch yet) I got a call from Drew that they'd seen what may be my deer. So Deb went with me to retrieve it and took the pictures.
Both Deb and Louie gave up a day of hunting to help me. Thank you guys. You are AWESOME.

Ken I'll get it measured. I have no idea what all gets added and subtracted.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by carpsniper
Thanks for posting Christine.
But the big thanks goes to Louie Fonseca and Deb "Ladyforge".
The day I shot this guy, Louie came and helped me track him. Without his and the good Lord's help, I wouldn't have found the trail after he crossed the creek. Louie slogged through the woods, prairie, then back into the woods until it started raining and got dark enough that we lost blood.
Then on Sunday Deb came over and helped check more thickets and deadfalls. Then we went out and walked through the prairie to see if he'd gone back and bedded there.
We gave up for a while to get something to eat. (It was after 2:30 and Deb hadn't had any luch yet) I got a call from Drew that they'd seen what may be my deer. So Deb went with me to retrieve it and took the pictures.
Both Deb and Louie gave up a day of hunting to help me. Thank you guys. You are AWESOME.

Great job Kendall ! By the looks of it you will not have any deductions. Use this site to score it. Click on Whitetail Deer (Typical) and click on the PDF on the right. Great job again! BTW...I told Ken that he should bring you down sometime on my hunting ground to hunt with me. I will set you up on a very good stand for a chance of a 130 or more.

http://www.pope-young.org/minimum-scores_charts.asp

Last edited by tperotti2004; 11-02-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by carpsniper

From the looks of all of the others Kendall...they are taking Gross score only. Do not add up the deductions....

And from what Tony said I will take you down with me when I go. It will be an all weekend thing.

LOL...."Guy time".......No offense "C"...
Old 11-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

I understand Ken, Tony... You boyz don't want to be one-upped by me. (like say... when we go bowfishing.) heh

Truth hurts.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
I understand Ken, Tony... You boyz don't want to be one-upped by me. (like say... when we go bowfishing.) heh

Truth hurts.
LOL!...We will see about that Christine. Next time you all have another tourney...I am there to prove you WRONG!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

We going one on one Tony or you going to try and carry Ken in team competition. LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.