Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7) >

Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)

Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

My urban land is a bust this year.Three guys hunt next to it and they walk the beans and thicketts to get to there spot, and then hunt on the other side of the thickett.I never seen something so dumb.It my as well be the end of gun season, the deer come out way after dark and 500 yards away.Thursday is opening day.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kshunterchick
Nice Buck! Even though it was your dad's.

Were you able to get out and hunt this weekend? I wasn't able to. Too many other things going on. I'm hoping to be able to get out this week after work.....but....I'm not sure if I'll make it.

It's supposed to be 39 degrees here tonight!
Nope, didn't make it. I was bust all weekend, and didn't have the money to go even if I had been able to....lol. It really sucked seeing my dad get a buck like that, and me not being able to hunt....
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Spike

I should have hustled home after work and got showered, changed and in my stand. My boyfriend was able to get out earlier, and saw quite a few deer. Even a couple young bucks that we watched last year. One of them was a young buck that walked right under my stand last year that I passed on because he was young! I got the go-ahead to lay the smack down on him if he did it again this year! Can't wait! Tonight I'll be speeding home and out to my stand so I can try to get one.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Spike

Last nights report: Got set up about about 6:20 and not long afterwards, a little 6 came out. Grabbed a few bites from the beans and headed back into the trees. On the other side of the bean field, 2 nice bucks came out (300 yards away) and never came any closer than about 100 yards by this island of trees in the middle of the beans. Dang it. Also had a doe eating in the beans about 40 yards. It was nice to actually see some deer! Now to figure out how to get a stand set up in that island of trees and we will be in business!

Hope to be able to get out another night this week and this weekend.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Spike

My boyfriend surprised me and had moved my stand closer to the little island of trees out in the beans where the deer seem to like to be! so....went out last night and sat. It was pretty windy, but saw 4 does, 3 turkeys, and 6 raccoons. Nothing with antlers. Won't be able to hunt again until Saturday night, so we will try again then. At least we are seeing something!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

I was thinking of getting out this weekend but its going to be too windy. I've learned that on my hunting land if it is windy better stay home. I do plan on putting up a couple of stands tomorrow so that will work.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will be leaving to go and hunt here in about 10 minutes,had to work this morning.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Put up a ladder stand yesterday and hunted it this evening. Killed a doe at 25 yards. She went 50 yards into the field and tumbled. This was the forth time hunting this area and have only seen a 4pt piebald (pics on SouthEast forum) and a spike that would score higher that the four pt. Seeing lots of does but tonight was the first opportunity to take one. Probably try again tomorrow evening...and off work ALL NEXT WEEK!!!! Taking the camper to one of my better areas and gonna hunt hard!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Well I'll definitely be out this weekend. Highs in the 40's lows in the 30's. Wind from the north. I have a 3 acre spot of Milo and Eagle Brand Soybeans that I think will bring in the deer. It hasn't been hit too hard this year from what I can tell with the beans being about 6 foot tall. Hopefully I can connect on something this weekend and get us on the board.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Well team, I made it back from W Virginia. I survived the Gauley again (took a swim at Initiation and Sweets Falls for those that are familiar). Sadly, a fellow Hoosier lost his life in the Lost Paddle rapid. Happened about 1/2 hour after we went through.

Anyhow got in the stands Sunday (10/4) AM and PM. Nothing at all.

Work had me tied up on Mon and Tues, but was able to get in the stand last night. About an 1hr in, I see a doe walking up the dry creek bed. I get ready as I had decided to take the first adult doe I saw. As she is approaching, I can tell she is watching something behind me. I hear rustling. Undure if it is squirrles or what as I can't see behind me. The a little BB walks into the dry bed and starts drinking. he is about 15 yards. Oddly this guy had enormous buttons sticking of his head about 1" and were half dollar sized and still in velvet. I know he was a BB as he was with mama and she dwarfed him. Just never seen a BB quite like him. Anyway the original doe is still about 40 yards away. The BB and other doe are just under my stand. The BB is oblivious to me. The doe doe does the whole head bob for a minute or two but soon ignores me and proceeds on down the trail. 20 yards 1/4 away head down BB and other doe are now acknowlewding each other. All systems ago. Draw back place 20 yard pin on the rib cage and squeeze my release. The whole woods sounded like it exploded. Not sure what all transpired but does and BB tear off through the thicket. I see the arrow stuck in the ground directly behind where I shot . All 3 deer calmed down about 60 yards away regroup and took off together. I relax for a few minutes trying to replay the situation. I can clearly seen my white flecthings with no sign of blood. I am think I shoot over her. Get down and check my arrow, Clean. then I notice some brown hair in the O ring of the Rage as well as just a little flesh. But nothing on the shaft or fletchings. I am gonna go get some help at this point now that I know I "hit" her. I follow the trail she took as it leads to my truck. about 70 yards down the trail I cut some blood. Dark Red. Not a lot just drops. Get my helper (wife) and we procede on the trail. We follow a sporadic blood trail another 200 yards untill it finally peters out. Blood trial was not much more them thumbsize drops the whole time every 4-5 yards. We tracked her across 2 fences that she crossed with ease and up a hill to the road. At the road we found nothing. At this point we pretty much gave up and reserved the hit to a high back flesh wound seeing as how the arrow shaft and fletchings had know signs of blood flesh or fur, Just one blade on the Rage.

Anyhow I am bummed. Been hunting for 25+ years, but just my second withh a bow. I have never hit a deer that I did not recover. This is my first. Granted I think the hit was non-lethal and she will be fine unless an infection sets in, but am still feeling like crap today.

Sorry guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.