Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7) >

Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)

Old 09-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Spike

Like pheasantfanatic, my season opens the 21st. Took a vacation day so I can be there bright and early opening morning with hopes to shoot one! I can't wait!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

No action for me until 10/1 although I will be out of state on an annual Whitewater Rafting trip. I will be on stand bright and early on 10/4 though.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

First evening in the stand for Urban Archery Season. Can only shoot antlerless. Had a spike and doe bed down at 40 yards. Never came in close for a shot. Saw those 2 and a doe w/2 fawns in the field. Nice to get in the woods!!!! The spike was interesting, had some piebald characteristics. He has two large white spots on both hams and a few white spots near the belly line. His head gear was about 14" long too. Land owner said there was a "white deer" on the property and not to shoot it. Got to love this time of year...bass fishing yesterday evening and bow hunting this evening. Good luck all......
Old 09-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Urban started Tues. nothing but a half racked spike and a couple of small one so far.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be out for my first hunt tomorrow morning. Forecast calls for 48 degrees and zero wind until 9-10 am coming from the SSE. Should be a great morning regardless of the result. Can't wait to wake up with mother nature.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by louddrummer69
I'll be out for my first hunt tomorrow morning. Forecast calls for 48 degrees and zero wind until 9-10 am coming from the SSE. Should be a great morning regardless of the result. Can't wait to wake up with mother nature.
Wow, it's really cooling off for you guys up there. Sounds like a great morning to get the deer moving. Good Luck!!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Didn't see anything on Saturday. I didn't even scare a deer walking to my stand. The field edge became thick and I made a little more noise than usual so I thought something would run off. I probably won't be out until the 3rd weekend of October.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Spike

I'm so mad right now. Got in the stand, everything was perfect. Untill it started thundering. We hustled out just in time to miss getting drenched by the rain. We didn't see anything but heard some turkeys. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the rain let's up and we will head back out this evening.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kshunterchick
I'm so mad right now. Got in the stand, everything was perfect. Untill it started thundering. We hustled out just in time to miss getting drenched by the rain. We didn't see anything but heard some turkeys. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the rain let's up and we will head back out this evening.
Yeah, my brother turned chicken and didn't even go this morning because it was wet...pansy...

Anyway, he went out this evening and didn't see anything. Not a good sign for our hunting spot, lol. I hope to be able to hunt on Sunday if I can come up with the money for a tag. College has killed my bank account
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't had this deer on camera this year. He has some good character with his split brow tines. As you can see he is already scraping and hitting the licking branch. Might be the earliest I've ever got this on camera. Usually I set the camera's up after I find a scrape so this is a first for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.