Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33) >

Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33)

Old 10-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Already shot a doe last saturdau but stupid me forgot to take pics. Oh well will smoke another one maybe tomorrow unless big boy shows up. Good luck team
Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Got out tonight, saw 10 deer total, none in shooting range.
A 4 pointer, a BB, a couple of nice size doe and the rest yearlings.
It just felt great to get out again, can't wait until next week!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Finally here!!! Tomorrow AM... can't wait!!!! I'll keep ya posted..
sounds like you've got a great place there Sideways!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck Western and
Stay safe!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, first day of MA was a success!!! Stuck a "Trophy" Massachusetts 4 point this AM and then a doe in the afternoon.
Unfortunately, I did not get a pic of the doe... I will post pics of massive fork horn in the AM!
Not big by most of your standards, but around here it is doing something right!
The rules are the rules and I know I have to enter the first buck taken... I'm sure I will kill a bigger on my hunt to NY...
Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Spike

congrats western.. now im ready to see some pics
i got blanked again this weekend.. too windy saturday.. it was also free youth hunt weekend and i stopped counting shots after 30 in the first half hour of daylight on sunday. i had no idea there were so many youth hunters in that area. had a shot go off on the next property over that sounded like a 300 win mag goin off. i was probly about 300 yards away from where that guy hunts and it had my ears ringing for about 10 minutes.. and knowing that guy i hughly doubt he had anyone under the age of 16 hunting back there so go figure.. but ill connect sooner or later.. supposed to get cold this weekend and early muzzleloader comes in for 2 days.. havnt decided yet if im gonna take out the ol pro hunter or the hoyt
Old 10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Spike

way to go Western. Congrats... you are on the board. 2 in one day, that's stackin 'em up!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok...Well here he is... in all of his massive glory... i'm actually pretty pumped... i know it sounds strange... but taken on public land... any buck in Massacusetts is an accomplishment..

Here's the story... got in the stand about 45 min before light... 10 min after light I turned my head and saw a deer standing in the pines at about 15 locked on me... then it blew and bounded away... nice big doe... i heard 2 others crash off in the apples about 50 yards from me..
I continued to stand and about 15 min later I noticed movement in that direction... he came on a string right under my stand... I shot him squre in the back and he went nowhere... He got tangled up in some trees and was hanging there... I have a pic on my cell that I will try to get on here of him under me dead... looks like he is walking..

I taped him up at 42.5"...
Main Beams were 10.75 & 11.25
G1s were both 3".
Inside spread was 8.5".
all circumference measurements were 1.5".

Last edited by Western MA Hunter; 10-13-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not much of a story on the doe... went to check a spot midday... saw her stanging in a clear cut... walked up to her about 20 yards and let her have it... i couldn't believe she let me walk right up to her.. my 2 buddies stood there and watched the whole thing... she must have been focused on them. That was in CT... didn't get any pics of her... just a skipper...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job Western!
Another one on the board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.