Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33) >

Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33)

Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Spike

CONGRATS Western!!! Great story and pics!!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS Western....I went yesterday seen a really nice buck, 140-150 range, but never got closer than 80 yards. Also seen a big Doe at about the same distance...maybe moving my stand...LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Spike

Well fellas, i leave tomorrow to head up to fort deposit AL. the season opens thursday and from the looks of the forcast, i might need to bring a canoe. i will say that i have a certain level of determination in making this trip... in the past week both my children have been sick, i caught and have battled bronchitis, went thru two horific 8 hour days of budget cut meetings, and my wife just told me she thinks she is getting sick.

something has to die! it's meant to be. we have trail cam pics of a real nice 8 point coming into my stand regularly... not sure what the weather will do to that pattern.

so if you think about it, say a little prayer for the fam and i'll be updating you all late Saturday night.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

we'll be pulling for ya' surge... you'll get it done...
hope you stick the big boy solo... make the move and get it done..
i just spoke to the guy I hunt with in the Finger Lakes area of NY. he says he's been seeing some studs... a 150 class 8 and another 150 class 10, plus 1/2 dozen or so 130s and a pile of 2.5 year old 115-120s...
can't wait..
Put a newbie in my stand last night... he had a doe come in to 15 yards... got spooked w/ the swirling winds and never gave him a shot... first deer he has ever seen while hunting.. he was a mess! I think we have a new addict! I'm gonna go try and put an arrow in her tonight.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats happening team? Surge, best of luck getting that big fella. Hows everyone else making out? I myself have been in the deer. Last time out i passed on 6 different bucks, nothing worth writing home about, but its good to know that im close. The Acorns are dropping like i have never seen them before. No joke, you have to be careful when walking down certain hills cause you can start rolling. Needless to say, the deer are certainly keying in on them. Im going back out tonight and am going to try something different. If the wind is right, im going in to a real thick creek bottom that is adjacent to an acorn flat. Ive been hunting the flat, but i have seen 2 good bucks down in this creek bottom. Hopefully a nice buck or a doe will make a mistake and come by my stand. My freezer is empty!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

We are seeing a healther than normal acorn crop as well.
Weather has been colder this week so movement should be up but rain is forcasted for tomorrow thru the weekend
Regardless I will still get out Saturday, hopefully my cameras will have a few stars on them as well
Old 10-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

nothing but an owl last night.. won't be out again until NY opener on Sat AM
Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job team. Went out the last two days and seen two decent bucks. One a nice 8 point and another we call splitter because he has a split g2. But let them both walk cause they need another year. But keep loggin the treestand hours. good luck Team
Old 10-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Boy Pins... sounds like you are in a good spot... i would love to be out that way for a couple of weeks some year... someday...
Keep at it... you will get your mature buck...
NY opens tomorrow... will be there and ready to kill!!! lots of does in the area.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Been raining hard here in MD since Wednesday, still calling for rain thru Sunday

Might try and get out Saturday evening if it's not raining to hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.