HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/301009-official-team-camo-cazis-thread-33-a.html)

SIDEWAYS 09-26-2009 02:08 PM

Welcome to the team and to the site Surgeman!

Originally Posted by Surgeman (Post 3454737)
Hey guys, I just made your team as an alternate. I am new to this site, but my buddy, Jack aka Arjuna has been doing this and the turkey contests for a few years and encouraged me to sign up. So, I guess I am your new/last team mate.

My season starts Oct 15 for AL and Oct 17 for Northwest Florida. I just started bowhunting last year, but had a blast and learned a lot. I am looking forward to this year.

Nice to meet you guys and happy hunting.

pinsapex7 09-27-2009 06:15 PM

What score we get for does? And how many can we score?

SIDEWAYS 09-27-2009 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by pinsapex7 (Post 3455907)
What score we get for does? And how many can we score?

pinsapex, no score for does, only antlered deer score.
You can still tell us the story and post pictures here of any animal you harvest.

Inquiring minds want to know! :wave:

Western MA Hunter 09-28-2009 03:59 AM

yes.. please do... that may be all you get to see from me!! :)

Western MA Hunter 09-29-2009 08:49 AM

i'm hoping dees has his bear down!!!!

Surgeman 09-29-2009 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
waiting until oct. 17th is gonna kill me. i'm glad some of u guys are already in the woods.

i feel bad because these fl deer look like grayhounds with toothpicks compared to what you guys are seeing. i attached a pic from one of my trail cameras... and this is considered a "good" deer.

happy hunting fellas!

Western MA Hunter 09-30-2009 04:06 AM

surge, that is a good one up here too... anything w/ antler is good up here

SDarcher 09-30-2009 07:33 AM

hey guys, its been a while since I've checked back in. going out tonight, should at least see some action. There's 3 apples trees by my stand that are just getting thrashed. It looks like a herd of cattle have been standing around there eating apples. even a pretty good rub just off the path. Got my fingers crossed. Good luck guys!

bigdees27 09-30-2009 10:15 AM

well guys, i made it back to town on sunday afternoon. we hunted from saturday thru thursday. i didnt see one freakin bear. the weather was about as bad as it could get for fall bear hunting. highs were between 75-80 just about every day which was about 20-25 above normal. we were sweating in the stand. i guess it kept movement to a minimum. it was supposed to snow up there yesterday so i dont know, it kinda pissed me off when i saw that but o well. only 3 out of the 10 of us saw a bear. only 1 person got a bear and he shot it like 20 min before dark when it started to cool off a little. it was a pretty decient sow. it weighed about 190. but other than that, we hammered the walleye and northern pike. my buddy caught a monster smallie, 22.5" roughly 6 pounds. ill try to get some fish pics on here later.

SIDEWAYS 09-30-2009 04:53 PM

Dees, at least you got out there to hunt um!

I havn't been out since Saturday, shot a doe in the morning but could not find her. Knew the shot was back a little to far but still looked for 3 hrs Saturday morning, then had the wife out with me on Sunday for another couple of hours.

Went out yesterday to practice, first shot was off by 4 inches, shot another arrow was off another inch.
Looked my bow over and found my savage pendulum sight was broken. :(
Now I find out Savage is out of business so I have to scrounge around for another swing.