Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 11-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck joemr. Way to not give up.

Just a guess, but I would say he will end up around 90-95. Congrats again.

Last edited by zubba; 11-12-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one joemr. I bet you breathed a big sigh of relief when you saw him laying there. Congrats.

I guess my turn is coming up.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go joemr !! Thats a nice Buck!! Congrats!! Team 16 put's 3 down in one week! Can you say HOT!!!!! I will try to score my buck this weekend and post. I would say your buck will score 90 to 100pts

Hatchet jack
Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let.s all gess the score of our Buck's just for fun

Hatchet Jack- 70pts
Zubba-110
joemr1288-95

275pts

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just added my buck to the official score card post. Measured in at 113 7/8". How is eveyone else doing?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys! It took me forever to find him and it was pure luck that I even did find him. How long do I have to post the measurements on him? Because I am not getting him back from the processor until probably monday. I still need to post the picture yet.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on finding the buck. I'd guess him around 75-90" with all those broken tines. He was a fighter.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks everyone! Sorry it has been some time but I just got back from hunting camp. I must saw for 9 days I saw every 1.5 buck out there except for Saturday morning at 657 am. I saw at 32 yards 160 inch class 10 point. I did take a shot at him but I must of hit a twig or something. My arrow only had about 5-6 inches of penetration. At the location I did find along with my arrow some long white grey hair. At that point I was thinking I must of hit his rump but he was broadside. I called my brother&father in law over to my stand. We assessed the situation tracked the buck for 15-20 yards and found some dececent blood but the arrow and hair did not make either of us excited. We waited two hours before we tracked. We found nice blood for 80-100 yards then nothing. We circeld the last point of blood which was the best blood we found and about 20 yards to the north I found one tiny speck of blood atleast telling us which way he went but nothing. We looked and looked......he was heading to a bedding area which we combed for any sign but nothing! I am still pissed! It was the biggest buck I have ever seen huting and when I say he was in the 160's I am saying that on a conservative side. I know my numbers and this thing was a monster. Now I will be a weekend hunter and with gun coming up soon I am not looking forward to freezing my butt off out there hunting bucks but what can I do!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That happens to everyone from time to time. Dont let it get you down to much get out there and keep hunting.

I went out yesterday evening. It was snowing for the first time this year so I figured the deer would be moving pretty good. Wrong I saw 8 deer 5 of them after dark. The only buck that i saw was a scrawny 6 pt. By the time i got out of the stand my feet were numb. It was 35 degrees when I left the house at 2 pm and the wind was blowing around 20 mph. It was slightly cold out there.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
Nice bucks everyone! Sorry it has been some time but I just got back from hunting camp. I must saw for 9 days I saw every 1.5 buck out there except for Saturday morning at 657 am. I saw at 32 yards 160 inch class 10 point. I did take a shot at him but I must of hit a twig or something. My arrow only had about 5-6 inches of penetration. At the location I did find along with my arrow some long white grey hair. At that point I was thinking I must of hit his rump but he was broadside. I called my brother&father in law over to my stand. We assessed the situation tracked the buck for 15-20 yards and found some dececent blood but the arrow and hair did not make either of us excited. We waited two hours before we tracked. We found nice blood for 80-100 yards then nothing. We circeld the last point of blood which was the best blood we found and about 20 yards to the north I found one tiny speck of blood atleast telling us which way he went but nothing. We looked and looked......he was heading to a bedding area which we combed for any sign but nothing! I am still pissed! It was the biggest buck I have ever seen huting and when I say he was in the 160's I am saying that on a conservative side. I know my numbers and this thing was a monster. Now I will be a weekend hunter and with gun coming up soon I am not looking forward to freezing my butt off out there hunting bucks but what can I do!
Sorry!! It's never easy to take! Keep at it. Sorry!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.