Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well here is a picture. He came in close to dark Monday evening. Wasn't rutting/running hard....just walking by at 50 yards. But he did respond to my can call. He turned and walked up to 20 yards. I had my site set to 25 yards (HHA adjustable site), so I hit him a bit high, but still managed to catch the top of both lungs. He ran about 60 yards and piled up.

I haven't put a tape on him yet. I've been busy caping & mounting deer all while being sick. When I do, I will post the score. Here is a pic of the deer with my buddy. Not the biggest running these woods, but I'm proud.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like Hurricane Ida is putting a hold on my plans. No sense burning a day off to sit inside during 25-30mph winds and 2-3" of rain. I may not leave until Thursday night now. Calling it day by day.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Been passing up alot of small bucks.This is the pig I'm after.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Deer Zubba!!! Congrats!!! I must score my Buck as well. Team 16 is on the board this week!! Hey Rutt that Buck looks like the Brother of the one I lost in Illinois last week. That one still hurts!! GOOD Luck with him!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Shot a nice buck tonight guys, I hit him a little far back, I think I got liver and maybe some guts, however the arrow didn't smell at all so not sure if I got guts or not. I tracked him for a good 1.5 hours until I lost the trail cause of the dark. Heading out in the morning to look some more, wish me luck.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great deer zubba!

Man this has been a good week for our team. Good luck looking for your buck in the morning joemr1288!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by joemr1288
Shot a nice buck tonight guys, I hit him a little far back, I think I got liver and maybe some guts, however the arrow didn't smell at all so not sure if I got guts or not. I tracked him for a good 1.5 hours until I lost the trail cause of the dark. Heading out in the morning to look some more, wish me luck.
Man!!! GOOD LUCK with your Buck!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Found him yet?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
Found him yet?
I sure hope so! Keep the faith!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

FOUND HIM!!!!

Well I went back out this morning and searched for like 2 hours and didn't find a thing. Went and had lunch and came back around one and looked for another two hours. I ended up just for the heck of it going like 1/2 a mile away to this stream on the property and looking there. Ended up doing a huge circle around the property and was like 200 yards back from where I shot him. It ended up being a gut shot unfortunately but oh well at least I found him.

I was planning on cleaning him myself but I figured the processor would have a better idea of what meat would be good.

He ended up being a big six-point, about 16 inches wide I think. He had his G2 on the right side broke half way but it still counts as a point at least, and his sixth point on the left side is missing about an inch and a half on the end, both from fighting I would guess. Pics to follow. Oh and I shot him with an '08 Bowtech Guardian using Slick Trick Magnums-100gr. at 21 yards. And the processor guessed him to weigh around 170 lbs dressed out, so he's pretty big, and he was in full rut.

Ill upload the whole album to photobucket, let me know if you can't see them for some reason. http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/joemr1288/

P.S. what do you think he will score? Rough estimate, I didn't get a chance to do it before I took him to the processor, I'll do that when I get him back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.