Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 10-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I let you down I was going to go hunting this morning but I woke up at the same time that I was planning on getting to my stand. But the good news is that I have and older version of this buck tempting his fate with me! He has been seen three times in a row in the same general area, all during shooting hours! He is heavier and taller this year.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted hard no shooters but the father in law shot a 150 eight point!!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Guy's but I let the team down. I shot a 130ish 8pt last Thursday in IL and hit him far back. 10min after I shot him the front that dumped a foot of snow in Denver hit. It dumped 3in of rain for 24 hours. I knew it was a bad hit so I had to let him sit overnight. We never found him after 2 days of looking. I'm really down right now. Check back in later and try to jump back in the game back here in PA. Be safe!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Losing them is hard. Keep a positive attitude hatchet. I didn't see anything but one deer far below me. My buddy shot a big doe Friday night, last light. He had all the action, seeing turkey, fox, and several deer. Blackpowder has started and I'm hanging my bow up for a while.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in. Hunted saturday and sunday. Seen 5 different bucks, but only one shooter that didn't present a shot. Probably a 140 class. Anyways, will be out Wed-next Monday...so it should be good as things are starting to heat up here. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out on Sat. evening and saw atleast 6 different deer. I did watch what I think was a decent buck working a tree line and a scrape. I couldnt tell how big he was since he was 300 yards away and by the time he got close it was to dark to tell. I am planning on hunting from 10 till dark tomorrow. The buck are really starting to do there thing here. On a side note my scent control regemed is really paying off. I had four deer and two bobcats walk down the same trail that I came in on and were down wind of me and did not even blink an eye. I dont know how many deer that I have had with in 10 yards of me this year but it is quite a few.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nobody I know has been seeing much movement. None, mid-day, which is unusual considering the accepted wisdom about full moons and mid-day movement. I did see a lot of movement with does feeding when the moon was on the horizon though.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted from 10 AM till the end of shooting light yesterday. I saw 2 deer at 11 and that was it untill sundown. Both of the bucks that I saw were small and chasing does everywhere. I ended up seeing 9 deer. I have been seeing bucks running through fields checking scrapes and chasing does during the middle of the day.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted yesterday, saw 3 does at first light, no bucks trailing them. Saw a six point that I would have shot around 10 a.m. that was out of range, nothing the rest of the day.

My buddy was hunting with his ML'er he saw six does run out of a cedar thicket and then three bucks behind them. Couldn't get a shot. He ended up shooting a small 5 point last night. The buck smelled musty, but his tarsal glands were pretty dry, he was trailing a doe that still had a fawn with her.

I saw a bunch of deer out in the fields on the way to work this morning. If nothing else this cold weather in VA has them up on their feet and it should get good next week. I have a wedding out of state thisweekend. I'll hunt all day Monday, the morning on Tuesday, and maybe Wednesday.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

checking in. Was out all day yesterday and this morning. Saw a lot of deer...but just small bucks. Probably seen 6 or 7 different bucks total...the biggest being just a basket 8. This area last year held a lot of big deer...so hopefully the rut is just getting off to a slow start. Will be back out there tomorrow thru Monday. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.