Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to head out tomorrow morning and then in the evening. The deer activity in my spots is starting to pick up big time.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on my way to the Land Of Lincoln in a few hours. Wish me luck Boy's. I will check back next weekend! Good Luck and Be Safe!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck! It sounds like it is going to be one heck of a trip.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

No shooter buck sightings this week but I did crush a doe. It was the first kill with my new bow so now I can say it is broken in. The buck I did see was a basket eight 2.5 years old and it was slightly bumping a doe. It was not aggressive at all but he was trailing her and pushed her once. I am going in complete lock down the next two to three weeks in hoping of crushing some thing nice. Good luck everyone else........Rob
Old 10-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, I bet it felt good to break in the new bow!

I went out yesterday from 2 p.m. till dark and saw two does and one fawn. I also saw about a gazillion squirrels. I have never seen so many in my life, I thought I was going to have to fight one. He climbed up in the tree right behind me and was getting ready to jump. I am not sure who would have won that one. I am planning an all day'er sometime this week, I think it is time to spend as much time in the woods as you can.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Saw three bucks Saturday night, but only the 3 point came in range. A decent 6 point hung up out of range and I don't know if I would have shot him or not. The six point was ultimately run off by a big eight point.

I got pictures of another good eight point on another farm when I pulled my camera Friday night. He's been cruising passed that stand just after dark for the past four days. I'm going to sit that stand this evening and Friday, hopefully he'll come out early.

My patience were starting to run thin, but the recent buck activity has got me really excited.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a blonde forehead spike Saturday morning and that was about it.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Made it 3 times this weekend. Seen descent buck activity...but the shooters stayed out of bow range. Will be back out Saturday morning.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Well good news guys, I have found another spot to hunt. A friend of mine at work told me he has 56 acres of hardwoods that I am welcome to hunt. His brother hunts and has 3 treestands and one elevated box stand thing. His brother told me tonight he has seen two really big deer, a big 8, and a big 10. He sees them a lot near 2 of the stands. Tomorrow after school I plan on going out and hes going to show me around. Thursday afternoon I hope to be in stand and hopefully put one of em on the ground.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out scouting last night and saw a decent 8pt probably 115-120" chasing does around. At one point he was standing infront of my buddies stand at about 10 yards. I watched him chase 3 or 4 different does in the 5 minutes that i was there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.