Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well back from my Duck and Deer up the mountains. Shot some Wood Ducks on Saturday and hunted Deer on Monday. No Deer, but I did see 2 nice Black Bears from my treestand. That was cool!!! I also seen 5 more Bear around my camp that I have good pictures of. I will post when I download them. Game sited up the mountains- Bear,Deer,Yotes,Ducks,Geese,Bald Eagles,Beavers, Ruff Grouse,Turkeys, GREAT WEEKEND!! I was going to go out in the am but a Nor/easter is hitting tonight, rain and high winds for the next 4 days! I will try to make it out on Monday. That will be my last day in the PA woods until November. I head to IL next Friday and will be hunting 5 days starting Monday. I can't wait!! Hang in there, I feel big things are on the front for our team! Good Luck and be SAFE!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-16-2009, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only a week before I head to Illinois I feel like a 6 year old the week before Xmass The hunting is rained out in the Northeast this weekendI think I feel a sick day on Monday!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck chasing those Illinois bruisers hatchet. I think this will be the last weekend I sit out. After this, I plan to hit it hard. It is suppose to warm up a bit this weekend anyways. November can't get here fast enough.

I have taken in some real nice bucks this year already. A couple 130 class, and 150 class, and a 163" buck. All bow bucks. All the bowhunters said the bucks were walking by themselves, so even thought the weather feels nice and cool in the midwest, the bucks aren't chasing yet.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are going to be hitting it perfect hatchet. I would think the weather would be nice and the buck should be starting to come out and play in the day light. zubba it sounds like the hunters around you are keeping you busy.

I went out this morning and saw two does and a fawn. The exciting part is the deer have opened up a scrape right infront of my stand that i have been hunting out of. I am not even going to get close to that one for a week or two and let the deer do there thing. hopefully some of the area bucks will get a little more brave and come out in the day light. I am planning an all day sit sometime around halloween. I have never done one before and I have plenty of time.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Guys it has been terrible, I haven't been out in over two weeks. The place I used to hunt on I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to hunt on anymore, seeing as I hunted with my gf's dad and she broke up with me a few weeks back. Not sure what to do now, I have some public land relatively close by. Ive checked it out numerous times but didn't see any deer nor any signs of deer there so its a pretty crappy area. Any suggestions on what I should do so I can get one down for the team? Also each time ive been out ive ran into numerous other hunters and that is irritating as hell.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because of my bum leg I've been hunting on the ground with my ghillie suit. Went to National Forest yesterday morning. Cold and cloudy with overnight rain. Didn't see anything. In the evening I sat up behind my place and had two does at less then 5 yards and a nice buck that I lost in the shadows only to have him come out of the thicket 10 yards away. He spotted me right off and turned and ran off. Close.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a great time with the wife up in Niagara on the Lake and now my mind can get back to hunting. I will be in the woods Thursday evening, Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. I hope to atleast see some of the nice ones on their feet. HATCHET good luck brother......have you been out there before? Joe, either make up with her or find another girlfriend with property. As Jimmy V would say "Dont give up.....dont ever give up!"
Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
Had a great time with the wife up in Niagara on the Lake and now my mind can get back to hunting. I will be in the woods Thursday evening, Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. I hope to atleast see some of the nice ones on their feet. HATCHET good luck brother......have you been out there before? Joe, either make up with her or find another girlfriend with property. As Jimmy V would say "Dont give up.....dont ever give up!"
Yea MH I been to IL 2 other times, 1999 and 2001. In 99 I shot a 1245/8 10 point and 01 I had my chances but I could not seal the deal It's a great state to Archery hunt. Both times out there I seen some real nice Bucks!! I can't wait. It's good that you got the Wife stuff out of the way. Thats good PM on your part, good Man! Now go out and hunt your A$$ off this week! GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

I've been hunting every Wed/Fri evening and on Saturdays. I've been passing up does like crazy in hopes of seeing a decent buck. I had a spike and four point in range last Friday, but waited for a nice one. The spike and four point hit horns half heartedly and then the spike tried to get close to a doe and she ran off. I don't think the ruts very close yet, just the spikes inexperience and first year to breed. It's been cold here in Virginia, we had our first frost last night, but it's supposed to warm back up.
Good luck everyone.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out scouting last night and watched a little basket rack kind of chase a doe around. She really did not want anything to do with him. I am going to try and get a couple hunts in this week and then I am going to do and all day sit sometime next week if i dont shoot one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.