Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted Tuesday night and shot a doe at 6:38 p.m. It was getting toward dark and I hadn't seen anything yet and got a little restless. 38 yards, quartering to me. Shot entered the crease between the brisket and shoulder, actually caught the front edge of the scapula and busted through. I heard alot of snorting from the direction she ran and heard what I thought was a crash. My buddy and I took up the trail 45 minutes later and found her after about 150 yards. The arrow didn't pass completely through, but about six inches poked out in front of her hind quarter.

Hunted Wednesday night but didn't see anything. My wife had grad school last night so it was daddy-daughter day with my 18 month old. We drove around the neighborhood and saw 8 does/fawns and a couple turkeys. She gets really excited.

Hunting tonight, tomorrow morning and evening, and all day Monday. Each hunt will be on a different property. I plan not to burn out any one spot this year.

I have a good feeling someone on the team is gonna connect this weekend in a big way! Good luck!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Look who showed up on the 7th.I was there the 5th and the 6th at the same time.I've gotta bump into this slob one of these times.Definetley a late afternoon visitor.The last couple of times it has showed,it has been within a couple minutes of each other.My stand is about 12-15 yards to the left of this picture.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pic! I will be out Saturday morning, Sunday evening, and Monday morning all at a new spot! Put up a stand late Thursday night but it is not 100 percent yet so I am going to go there after I hunt in the morning and fix it up for Sunday evening. This place looks good but worried about pressure from outsiders but I will keep you posted. I think someone might take one down this weekend also.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. It is almost cold outside, it never even made it over 35 degrees today. I wish i would have been hunting but I cant.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone score? I had fun at the wedding and it was fairly relaxing. Ankle's doing better but still tender. I can walk without crutches, just have a limp. I may try to take one of the does that feed behind my house tonight before all the chestnuts are gone.

Rutt, nice buck. Had one very similar to that behind the house at 10:30PM. My wife watched him off and on in the floodlights until 1AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and saw 13 does and fawns. I had a nice mature doe at about 10 yards and she had to take one more step to clear a tree limb but she turned around and went the other way. It was a pretty exciting morning, it was almost constant deer traffic. I am going out in the morning to try to get one of them again.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been online or hunting pretty much at all. I do plan to get out now that the weather is getting colder. I don't have time to scroll thru all 18 pages so good luck to everyone and congratulations to the ones who have already put something on the ground.

Heu
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forgot to mention I met Edgar Winter in the hotel lobby this weekend.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice day but a cold front is supposed to move in tomorrow evening. Sounds like a good time to set on a stand. I may hunt behind work tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in. I made it out last weekend for Iowa's opening weekend. Seen some activity, but nothing to write home about. Went out of town this past weekend, and will likely miss this next weekend too. Like I said earlier, I will probably only make it out 3-4 times in October due to not wanting to pressure my good spots. But the last week in October threw November, I will be balls to walls. In fact, I will be in the woods 10 of the first 15 days in November. Good Luck everyone.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hunting my ass off and not seeing any bucks of any quality! I will be on ice for the weekend since it is dedicated to the wife. I wont be out until next week about this time. Hopefully things will heat up.......Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.