Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 09-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ksfowler
Nice bear! Those are on my list for sure.

This weather we are having is something else. I worked about an 1 1/2 hours of over time last night so i could get everything finished today by 2 P.M. and head to the deer woods. But just like opening day the clouds have opened up and it is pouring. But I am kind of glad since i got a shotshell reloader last week and i was able to get it up and going today. It is a blast I cant wait to try them out on some birds. I am hoping that it wont rain tomorrow I should have good wind and everything.
Here in PA Ducks will open up Oct,10 for7 day's. It looks like a good year with all the rain we got this year. Lot's of Woodies and Greenheads around. Good Luck in the Deer woods tomorrow and be safe! KS!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bad weather this weekend! It rained every second I was in the stand and deer were not moving. Sorry so short the wife needs the computer......
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't even see a deer this weekend. I guess there is a little more pressure from muzzleloader hunters than i thought.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday morning, opening day, I get to my stand at 6 and it is raining. I can finally see into the woods around 710 and that is all I could see. The rain was not to bad but the deer just were not moving. My brother in law shot a doe but it was like 930 but saw like two other ones but they were with her. My other budy did not see a deer much like myself. Saturday evening I get to the stand at 345 and within 15 minutes I had a button and a doe right next to my stand and it was raining the whole time. They bedded down for an hour with 10 yards of me. They move off and that was it........NOTHING! Sunday morning it rained so hard we all got out of stands and headed for the local diner. I will not be back in the woods till Saturday morning. I will keep you all posted........Rob
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was a special youth hunt day Saturday and my buddy brought his daughter to try and get her first deer. It poured all day long. We have chestnut trees in my yard and the does have been pouring down the mountain to them all times of the day and night. I've seen a nice wide 6 pointer occassionally that I hoped she'd get a shot at but he didn't show. The does were moving inspite of the heavy rain. Things didn't go exactly as planned but she got an offhand shot at a big doe but missed. She was moving into position and they were caught flat-footed by the moving deer. Sunday was nice and had the same doe bedded down in my backyard with the other does milling around. Last night had a coyote barking/howling in my field with the barn, less then 100 yards from the house. I may have to break out my rifle and fawn distress call some night this week.
Our opener is this Saturday!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday can't get here fast enough! Good to see you guy's in the woods! Hey M-Buck I think you put the wammy on yourself when you said you like to hunt in the rain!LOL. I think I said the same thing! OH BOY! I gess it will be raining in PA this weekend!LOL!!! Be safe TEAM!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same as many on here. Heading out Saturday for the opener. Rain is in the forecast, but temps have dropped to the 50's. Will head out a few times the first 3 weeks of October, the will hit it hard the last week through November. Good luck guys.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

season starts here on Saturday, started getting a few pictures of this guy with some regularity.

Wish me luck.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be cool Cory!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be a cool deer to shoot.

Our deer are starting to fight back. My dad has hit two deer in the last 10 days in two different pickups. And he almost went three for three this morning he had a nice buck jump infront of him.

I am tossing around the idea of going in the morning to try and get a doe. We will see how windy it is in the morning. The place that i might go to is just crawling with deer there is a good possibility that i would get one. We are suppose to have strong thunderstorms in the afternoon possibly tornatic, so that knocks out an afternoon hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.