Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 09-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I put down doe #6 on our kill permit yesterday afternoon, can't shoot bucks though until 10/3. However, last night after dark while I was spotting I saw 3 bucks, a big six, a real nice 8 (maybe 110"), and the biggest, a ten that would probably score 125-130". These estimates are a little conservative as I don't have a lot of experience scoring deer, but I'd rather guess wrong on the low side than the high side. It's the only time I've seen these three bucks, but they were on a property I hunt and were in the back yard feeding under the oaks. Our acorn crop looks like it will be great this year and started dropping in a few spots. Based on what I've seen while hunting does on the kill permit I'm confident that I will put some points on the board this year, but I will not hold out for one of these guys. I'll take the first decent buck I have the opportunity to. We get 3 buck tags in VA so I could still have a chance later in the season; however for the contest we have to score the first buck.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a plan CJ!! GO GET'EM!!! BE SAFE!!!!

hatchet jack
Old 09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeze you have been busy. I went and got my tags to day. It cost me 50 dollars for a doe and buck tag.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need to move to Virginia!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
I need to move to Virginia!
No you don't!! BIG BUCKS COME OUT OF OH!!!!

Hatchet jack
Old 09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Wife and I are going up the camp,{ NE PA } to check things out and pickup the radison canoe so I can hunt my Delaware River spots. I will also check the spot I had a solid 130" 10pt right under my stand the last week of archery season. NO SHOT That one still hurts. It was a solid PA Rut Buck! Doe season starts this Saturday for two weeks before the start of Buck archery. Sorry to say I will be working OT. I might try to get out a day next week to get some backstraps for the NASCAR race next weekend down Dover DE. Its that time of year
Old 09-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Hatchet that sounds like a fun little trip!

As for me hunting Mon is up in the air. There is suppose to be a cold front moving in and a north wind would be a major no no for the stand i was planning on hunting. I also dont have any good north wind stands to hunt right now.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ksfowler
Good luck Hatchet that sounds like a fun little trip!

As for me hunting Mon is up in the air. There is suppose to be a cold front moving in and a north wind would be a major no no for the stand i was planning on hunting. I also dont have any good north wind stands to hunt right now.
Major cold front, Get your but in the woods!! If so good luck and be safe!!! Buddy. The Biggest PA buck I shot was in a driving snow storm that I talked myself into to go. I almost wrecked the Suburban on the way. I jumped a 13pt N/T buck from his bed and shot him through the brisket DEAD with my 870 Rem slug gun. Cold fronts and deer! Like peas and carrots!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am amazed at all the different types of seasons around the country. Does only then bucks? That would suck because you get to your spots hunt does for two weeks then the bucks know what is up!! I love opening day because we can take whatever we want and BUCKS sure dont know what is going on. I really think opening day of bow season is the best time to take a big buck down.

As for north winds and cold fronts.....you gotta love'em! Give me a cold front with a slight mist rain and I am in heaven!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
I am amazed at all the different types of seasons around the country. Does only then bucks? That would suck because you get to your spots hunt does for two weeks then the bucks know what is up!! I love opening day because we can take whatever we want and BUCKS sure dont know what is going on. I really think opening day of bow season is the best time to take a big buck down.

As for north winds and cold fronts.....you gotta love'em! Give me a cold front with a slight mist rain and I am in heaven!
I know what you saying, in PA everything is bassackwards. I have a few farms that I can only shoot Doe's. I stay out of my honey holes just for the reason you stated! I have lot's of farms to hunt and can leave alone til the Rut. Oh your right on, a slight mist rain is the BEST!!! I love hunting in a light rain.

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.