Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 09-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty excited about the upcoming season. My dad and his buddy just moved a stand so it is overlooking some milo and there is a 140ish 8 point walking right by it every evening about 20 min before sundown. They said that i can hunt out of it opening day if no one else is. Only two more weeks.

rutt, that second buck is very nice.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

No pics of good bucks here, just a bunch of scrubs. I have seen some nice bucks the past few weeks while hunting slick heads on a kill permit in Virginia. I've had 2 nice eight points and a decent six in range, as well as some other small bucks. I also have an albino six point near my house which looks to be a basket six point, maybe 8 if he has some small brow tines, won't be very many points for the team if I arrow him, but it will be one heckuva trophy. On the kill permit side of things, this is the first year I've been able to do it and I've taken four does already this season. It's kind of like preseason football, just a little practice for regular season.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

what's everyone hunting with this year.

09 high country speed pro (29" 58 lbs)
sword apex 3rd plane
ripcord
250 maximas with 85 grain quad pro broadheads

Thats my setup for this season.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Here is another picture of the big slob.Hope it shows during the daylight.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would crush him......
Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

some pictures of my Son and I
Hatchet Jack
Old 09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Messed that one up!! That is not my Son and they are not the pictures I wanted to show !! OH Well

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Well just got out to the property I hunt this past sunday and cut some small trees and trimmed some branches for clear shooting. I was kind of bummed to see what the farmer planted in the field near my stand, its corn. The only stand I am able to hunt is about 17 yards from the edge of the field and I sit on a trail that is somewhat used by the deer. The only benefit to the corn is that they are going to have to walk around the corn since I know they don't like walking through it that much so that will put them at a perfect shot.

I was thinking about moving the stand to the other end of the field where there is a very well worn path to the corn but I figure I'll give this a chance. I hunt with my girlfriend's dad so it is really up to him whether or not I move the stand so it kind of stinks. He seems to think the deer will use this trail more so when the season starts but he also said that last year and I maybe saw 10 deer use it the entire season. But at least I have somewhere to hunt so I am happy about that. How are your guy's stands gonna be this year?

-Joe
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics Hatchet, look forward to seeing some bone on the ground this year! My stands are all ready to go. The thing is I hunt near Columbus, Ohio so I dont get the chance to get out there much. My brother in law is a die hard so I know things will be right where they need to be. We have hunted the same property for four years now and we have those deer down pat. Last year we hunted a new property and I took my buck there in the evening.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice pictures hatchet. My stands are all set. I have one spot that is getting pounded with does and fawns will be hit or miss i am afraid, it was planted to soybeans so they like it now but who know once they get cut. The good news is that i have one stand that overlooks a massive scrape which gets worked every day it seems from about Oct. 15 on. Then on another property we hunt, it is planted to milo and it is holding a ton of deer for once. Needless to say i am very excited for this season.

I am hunting with a 2003 Parker Buckhunter with easton arrows tipped with 100 gr. slick tricks. and a whisker biscuit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.