Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cory, that is a great picture. We have two in a local park within two miles of my house. I have been seeing them since they were born and the are three now. They are in a protected area so unless they move some distance they will not be taken.

Hatchet, the rain comment came to bite me on the ass! I do like to hunt in the rain but usually late October and the rut in November. Give me an overcast slightly raining day and I am in heaven. I will be back at it Saturday morning and I will check in that afternoon. I am looking for someone to put some bone on the ground very soon!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
Cory, that is a great picture. We have two in a local park within two miles of my house. I have been seeing them since they were born and the are three now. They are in a protected area so unless they move some distance they will not be taken.

Hatchet, the rain comment came to bite me on the ass! I do like to hunt in the rain but usually late October and the rut in November. Give me an overcast slightly raining day and I am in heaven. I will be back at it Saturday morning and I will check in that afternoon. I am looking for someone to put some bone on the ground very soon!
I think it bit me in the arse too. Weather for Saturday in PA! RAIN!!!!LOL!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

we're looking at rain for the opener on Saturday as well. I'd love to have a chance at that buck on Saturday, but not sure if he'll show. Before I checked the pictures I had already pulled the camera and moved it to a new spot, so no camera since those pictures. All my pictures of him are in the evening so I'm not sure where I'll be going in the morning.

Last friday I achieved my goal of 10 does with the bow on our kill permit. I'm going out this afternoon since the permit expires today. I'm not sure why they have the permit expire 3 days before archery, it should run right up to the archery opener. Tonight I'm hunting out of my climber near a field where I saw the three big bucks, hopefully I'll be able to get a sighting and pin point there entrance into the field. I have an idea where they come in, I just want to confirm.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tonight I should of went out. I went to a spot about a 1/2 from my house to set up a blind in a fence row. I have never hunted this place nor do I have any photos. I work with the guy who owns it and according to him no one hunts it. The only bad thing is his property is mainly field with very little hardwoods if any. The properties next to it have woods but his fields are beans. I dont think it has great buck potential but it is a spot to take a doe or two but time will tell. I plan on hunting it some time next week. It was 230 when I got there but I did not have any of my equipment and the way the wife is acting I should of went. I will not get a chance to be back in the woods till Saturday morning. I will be hunting near Columbus so I think the rain may be/have cleared through since I will be out that way. I hope it slowed down earlier this week because the stand I want to hunt has a small creek that can turn into a river. If I can not cross it I have a back up spot but this spot is right in the bedroom. The morning place is our back up crush anything spot and my evening spot is bucks only cuz it holds some real monsters. Good luck to all and hope to see some bone on the ground soon.......Rob
Old 10-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like Sh&% weather on Saturday. That's why they make rain gear! The wammy is on me now!

hatchet Jack
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weather prospects look good for tomorrow. Chance of rain tonight, cool and cloudy. Clearing off in the morning. Going to get on a ridge in National Forest Land in the morning, pre-light. Saw a nice 110-118" class buck tonight behind the house. Will set up for him in the evening. Hunt safe guys.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, tomorrow guys. I am planning on going Sun. morning and try and shoot a doe. Our weather has finally turned for the good. We have had patchy frost two days now, that is always a good sight. Our corn around our hunting spots is also being picked so the bucks are going to start running out of places to hide.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

No deer for me today! I seen 2 small Bucks and 6 Doe. No shots on the Doe and the Bucks were to small. I was going to go out Monday but my best friend Mother passed away on Friday.

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my weekend was filled with pumping hearts. Saturday morning saw 2 bucks one I had to think about.........late season he is toast, the other buck was super small. Saturday night we were in our stands for a half hour and my brother in law shot a great buck. Ended my hunt at 6 to help him track and drag. I have had deer around me but nothing to really get me going.......
Old 10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=mahoningbuck;3463406]Well my weekend was filled with pumping hearts. Saturday morning saw 2 bucks one I had to think about.........late season he is toast, the other buck was super small. Saturday night we were in our stands for a half hour and my brother in law shot a great buck. Ended my hunt at 6 to help him track and drag. I have had deer around me but nothing to really get me going like "oh my god!". In the next day or two I am heading to a new property that we just got permission to hunt to hang some stands. I have been looking at the arial for days so all I can do is hope my predictions are right according to the map! I will keep you posted.......Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.