Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Buck Wild Thread (11) >

Official Team Buck Wild Thread (11)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Buck Wild Thread (11)

Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checked out my wood lot and I have several rubs going on. Looking good..
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Bob,

Boy would I love to find one of those fellas...I have yet to see a good one. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

well season opens up here Saturday. I kept telling my brother in law that the deer I was seeing on cam would get a free pass this year except one so far. Well a lot has changed in the last month and the wife and I are in the process of opening a business, kids soccer cheerleading etc etc so the hunting time will be limited so I think I will be happy with the first legal one that make the mistake. Just hoping to put some points on the board(also hoping on decides to make his way past that has been hiding from the camera :-)
Old 10-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Made it out this AM for the opener, Just as I perdicted I kicked out two deer in the woods as I hit the second step on my stand.... seen another two running across the field a while later, could not tell if it was a buck or doe.
Going north this weekend to catch the duck/goose opener and next weekend I will be pheasant hunting in Ubly. I hope to catch a couple days in the stand this week.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

anyone seeing anything?
Old 10-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

im heading up on sunday for the first time this year. Hopefully i will post a score a picture!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by AR 34 eight point
anyone seeing anything?
Ya, actually...had 4 bucks come through friday afternoon-a 5, 6, 7, and an 8. The 8 is the first shooter I have seen this year from stand. He walked in on me at 30 yards and I never had a shot as he was facing me head on. He looked around for 10 minutes, chewing his cud and two quick lateral steps later and he was facing away from me. He walked off from there, never smelled me, never saw me. Just seemed like he thought something didn't seem right. I have further disguised my stand since then. The 1 1/2 year old 5 point came back saturday, twice. Cant hunt sundays here so I won't get back out again till wednesday or thursday.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i went out bowhunting this weekend and seen 3 does all day saturday then yesterday i had 3 does walk under my stand and they went towards my cousin, he was 100 yards away in a different stand.all of the sudden the 2 other does come flying past my stand. then i got a text around 9 that said he shot a doe. so i went over congratulated him and we found the deer. when he said the deer stepped forward and he hit right in the rear end but it made a circle and fell 50 yards from his stand. he was using rage broadheads. they really kill deer no matter where you hit them
Old 10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did some duck hunting over the weekend and will be going on a pheasant hunt this weekend. I am going to try to get out this week once or twice. I hate to shoot a deer and have to go away for the weekend... But a nice pope and young deer would be worth it
Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Spike

I had a nice sit last night. Just as I walked up to the gate a turkey busts out of the grass and three others run off ahead of me. The noise startled two does, a button buck and four pointer out from under a mulberry tree so I just squated down in the middle of the dirt path with my bag, coat and climber on my back. Mind you the gate is 15 feet off of a paved public bike path. The buck fawn walks out in the dirt path without any hint I was there. Mom came to check him out and as I comtemplating drawing on a deer in full sight of walkers, some guy (I swear he was in wooden clogs) goes huffing by and the deer took off into the field. To get to the area where I wanted to hang my stand I had to walk along the field then duck into the woods. Five busted deer and three turkeys later I made it into the woods. Setting up on entrance trails I sat to the east of three huge red oaks with a NW wind. Around six, a deer came in on the trail I walked in on. I figured it was another 4 pt. that I had seen twice already but with my nocs I saw it was a good 10pt. I attempted to get him to head my way but he had other plans and went west away from me. I think he ways a solid 3.5yo at about 120-130in. On the land I am hunting, he's a $150 fine but I haven't taken a buck yet so he had my thinking. Maybe we will meet again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.