Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't wait for my week off next week. Should be about prime time I figure. I'm nto sure my ass is looking forward to about 7 consecutive all day sits, but that's how its gonna be! Last year, the rut was unreal in terms of encounters, so i'm hoping this year is similar, just with more animals on the ground.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

The rain will not stop! Its making it hard to get out in a tree and sit. Had a couple friends invite me to their places the next couple of weeks so hoping the weather will be good and get colder cause its pretty warm still right now. looking forward to getting back out
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah the rain is unbelievable. I have put the MT050 to the test all week. Trail cams showing some big neck bucks floating around nose to the ground. Does aren't ready yet, but thats great for avoiding tending bucks. Going in the morning with moving barometer.... good luck Mercs, thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know, this rain is ridiculous. I was going to slip out to the woods this afternoon, skip out on work, but it was raining like a bitch so I stuck it out at work. Whatevski. Went to Presley's tonight and got a couple new pieces of camo to soothe myself. Good luck mercs and huntingboy, hopefully this weekend the weather looks up. Supposed to be pretty windy friday, but then looking pretty good for the week to come.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I was at Presleys yesterday too. I picked up some new Burly 1500's boot and some scent free bags for in and out of the truck. Looked at the new AlphaMax pretty sweet. But this one's not 4 months old yet. PM next time you go maybe we can meet and shoot some bull and paper.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE that store! I was checking out all the new Russell Athletic stuff, wow, that stuff is really sweet. There is a 3-part layering system they make, super nice stuff. I bought the underlayer last night, perhaps get the rest this winter. I headed over there just to get one more underlayer bottom, and came home $120 lighter. For stores around this area, they are without peer in selection of clothing. I'm waiting for a big box store to move in near our area, its bound to happen one of these days. Our FedEx guy at work comes out of Chillecothe and he has heard rumblings of a BPS in East Peoria, so who knows. NExt time i'm going, I'll definitely shoot you a message. I've never shot over there, I do all that stuff at Blue Ridge Backwoods in Monticello, but I can certainly take my bow with me over to Presley's next time.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

sounds good. Let's hook it up. Also looks like the weather breaks for this week. Everyday all day M - F this next week. Only downer is the full moon, but its November so look out big bucks.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sat from 10-dark today. Had two 1.5s under me right off the bat, didn't even have my jacket on yet. They each made a scrape and rubbed the same tree until it was shiny and then meandered off. At noon I had a doe come by real close, and that was it for the day. Awful quiet out there. I think the weather lately may have them a little wierded out with all this water around. See what happens tomorrow. I did get a nice 8 on my trail cam, so that's reassuring.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Out this morning w/o a sighting. That's two times this year without spotting any deer. Two times in three years and I am wishing a had went to work instead. Hopefully this weather pattern sets up this week and the bucks figure it out. Here is to wishful thinking.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stayed home today. Had a case of the bottle flu in the a.m. and the wind is not good for this afternoon. But, tomorrow's wind is ripe for an all day sit, and that's what I plan to do. Should be fun, if deer are spotted, so we'll see what happens. I've had two deer-less sits too this year mercs, definitely can get a guy frustrated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.