Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weekend is a ways off yet, but the wind looks brutal, if the forecast stays where its at right now. Eek, gusts to 37 on Saturday, good day for flying a kite but not sitting in a treestand. Glad to hear you are doing better and will be able to get out!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Went out this weekend and saw a great buck! had him at arout 35-40yds actually.. (a shot I can make) but couldnt decide whether I really wanted to take him or not.. and if I have any doubt I ALWAYS let them walk.. he is either 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 and score would be right around 135".. crabclaw on the left side.. I have some trail camera pics of him that I actually got off of the camera following the hunt haha.. next weekend when I go back I'll post some pictures and see what you guys think.. There are better deer around, I know there is.. its early.. just hope I don't regret my decision to let him walk!! Don't know if I mentioned this to you guys but me and my buddy are taking turns filming this year so I have it all on film as well.. We worked over quite a few small bucks with a can call... had 3 come into the call actually.. a grunt and snort-wheeze made the 135 circle downwind and head start to head right at us but he caught scent and took off.. looking like a good season so far! beautiful weather! I'll keep checking in!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you are seeing some action slayer. Hopefully you can connect on one of those monsters that are over there. Its definitely early, so i'm doing my best to be patient as well. Last year, I saw 1 shooter before halloween, and that is holding this year as well. I'm hoping the switch gets flipped like last year and once the chasing starts, they are crawling all over...thats the plan at least!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Saturday a friend of mine helped me hang a stand at the far north end of the timber and it had some good trails in there. Hit the woods Sunday at the South end of the timber and didn't see anything. Got down and walked a little ways took a look through the bean field and seen a real nice buck about 250 yds away and heading right to the corner I put the stand in Sat. Even though I wasn't in the right stand that morning it was good to see one worth shooting. Last year I got pictures on the trail cam of 3 bucks around 140" at the same time but a 120" walked by and I took him. I'm hoping this one just wasn't one passing by. So far I've been out 3 times and seen 7 deer, all bucks.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Leaving tomorrow after ork to head to deer camp again for the weekend.. hopefully get some great footage and take some does and if we get lucky a nice mature buck! haha I'll keep posting fellas.. after this weekend I have fri,sat,and sun off for the next 2 weekends then I have a full week off before shotgun season starts..
Old 10-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hittin' the outdoors after work today, then of course tomorrow and sunday. Looks to be a little breezy today and tomorrow, should be a nice ride in the tree. I've got off from Oct 30 to Nov 8 so I'm hoping during that time period to get one on the ground. Good luck this weekend!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Trying to decide whether to take off Monday or not? I want to but warmer and rain in the forecast. This buddy of mine, whom I trust with all things archery deer related, said he saw bucks in pre-rut this week. He said a mature 135 was pig grunting through the woods on Wednesday running does. I trust him and his scouting report.

What to do. Save the day for mid-November?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a real good one tonight, 6X5 155"-160" He was chasing a doe. The doe was NOT interested, running like crazy but he was being persistent. He came by twice, both times a little too far away. Another buck, 120" 8 was with him the second time. Nice to see some action starting up.

If it were me, I would save that day. There will be way better days in a week to 10 days from now. I'm off the first week of Nov, hoping that proves to be the sweet spot this year.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing to really speak of guys. Not seeing any bucks and if I do there not legal..Didint see a deer Sat at all.. 19 Days till I go to Illanois. We have plenty of season and the better part of it coming up..
Old 10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Real quiet this morning. Had a miniature 8-point come by at about 7:30 and that was it for the morning. When I was sitting in my stand in the pre-dawn darkness and I heard a couple animals scurrying around, and then heard the most god-awful squalling you've ever heard. Coyotes had gotten something, rabbit i'm guessing. That'll make your hair stand up in the dark that's for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.